Ask Experts Questions for FREE Help !
Ask
    acagto Posts: 8, Reputation: 1

May 28, 2008, 04:39 PM
    Dragon Naturally Speaking
    Do you recommend using Dragon Naturally Speaking? Is it useful? Easy to use it?
    twinkiedooter Posts: 12,172, Reputation: 1054
    Uber Member

May 28, 2008, 04:42 PM
    A few years ago I tried one of those speak and the machine types what you say. I ended up using the microphone for other things and taking the program out of my machine as it did not recognize many words and horribly misspelled others.
    Fr_Chuck Posts: 81,301, Reputation: 7692
    Expert

May 28, 2008, 04:52 PM
    I have a friend who is blind and he uses it. What he sends me is readable, but does have spelling issues, so much is getting it set to your speech, having a good mike. But the english language has so many similar words. To, two, too is just one example sum some

I tried a trial version of it about a year ago, did not care for it.
    Now I will add, I am not a computer person, so someone who is a wonder tech may have worked the bugs out where I could not
    JBeaucaire Posts: 5,426, Reputation: 997
    Software Expert

May 28, 2008, 04:56 PM
    Well, I IS a computer person and tried using it for months to aid in my technical writing. The months I spent on it I spent far more time trying to get the thing trained than I ever saved just typing directly a little slower pace.

I am sure there is a niche out there for this product, but I gave it the REAL college try and it came up short in my business environment.

Not your question? Ask your question View similar questions

Question Tools Search this Question
Search this Question:

Advanced Search

Add your answer here.

Check out some similar questions!

The Dragon [ 8 Answers ]

Does anyone have any insight as to the "Dragon" in the Bible? I know it refurs to Satan but someone told me they believe it is China. With China's president visiting us , I was wondering if anyone has any thoughts as to it's significance.:confused:

Dragon tattoo [ 3 Answers ]

I am looking for a picture of a dragon tattoo for my arm. I want the dragon tail to start at my wrist and the dragon to wrap itself around my arm 2-3 times with it's head on my shoulder to cover a poorly done tattoo on my shoulder. Anyone have any idea of where I can find such a picture? I have...

Dragon Movie [ 3 Answers ]

Hi There was a movie in the 80's (I think) about dragons. It was a cartoon. All I remember is the dragons could talk to each other and one bit where there was a whistling or screaching noise that drove them crazy. Its been bugging me as to what this film is called for some time now. I loved it...

Bearded dragon [ 8 Answers ]

I was just curious if anyone else on site has 1? I have a super red and his 1 yr old. I'll post pics when I get home, I h ope you do the same. Dragons are awsome :) :D ha ha

Naturally faster? [ 4 Answers ]

Why do African American dominate the sprinting distances so thoroughly. Better still, why is it wrong to acknowledge that this dominance is based on being naturally faster?

View more questions Search