Ask Experts Questions for FREE Help !
Ask
    bushg Posts: 3,433, Reputation: 596
    Ultra Member

May 28, 2008, 03:20 PM
    Obama and Oprah
    I was listening to a local talk show yesterday and heard something to the effect that Oprah is not longer supporting Obama but is remaining neutral. The host remarked that she had to do this because of her ratings. 1. Has anyone else heard this? 2. Is it true 3. Could you point me to an article about it because I have searched high and low and can't find anything about it. Thanks
    progunr Posts: 1,971, Reputation: 288
    Ultra Member

May 28, 2008, 03:36 PM
    There was a huge story on Yahoo News just today.

Her ratings have fallen 7% over the last year, her company sales are down also.

I bet if you do a Yahoo news search with her name, you can view the entire story.
    startover22 Posts: 2,758, Reputation: 363
    Ultra Member

May 28, 2008, 03:38 PM
    I hope that just because Oprah supported him, didn't mean that others would support him just cause she did. I sure hope they will support the person they feel is best for the job. WOW!
    firmbeliever Posts: 2,919, Reputation: 463
    Ultra Member

May 28, 2008, 03:41 PM
    PoliGazette » Supporting Obama Costs Oprah Dearly
    This article says her rating did drop after her support,maybe that is the reason she is being neutral now?
    Ultra Member

May 28, 2008, 03:43 PM
    Well people in her position could lose big time for supporting something others don't. But see that is why I think she should be honest with the public, she has nothing to lose if we are talking about money here. She has enough geeze. I think she should support someone and be proud about it! Bottom line. OPRAH, you are a good woman, lets see it shine through!
    Ultra Member

May 28, 2008, 04:09 PM
    Firmy... on your link I saw that Ellen is endorsing Clinton.
    Prog... I will check out Yahoo
    Starty I agree she is a good woman... I thought maybe she was pulling back because of Rev, Wrights comments and the fact he was Obama's pastor for so long.
    I really like her and Ellen but I am not letting anyone decide for me who I should vote for.
    Ultra Member

May 28, 2008, 04:13 PM
    Agreed bushg, us girls have to get smart!! We shouldn't vote for someone just because our fave talk show host is voting for someone, that is just plain stupid!
    Ultra Member

May 28, 2008, 04:17 PM
    I am afraid to do something that stupid... they may want to put us to walking 2 steps behind, again.
    Ultra Member

May 28, 2008, 04:23 PM
    NO kidding! I think with her status, she out of take this opportunity and run with it;)
    tomder55 Posts: 1,742, Reputation: 346
    Ultra Member

May 28, 2008, 04:28 PM
    The under reported news about Oprah was that she Once was also a member of the Trinity Church . The difference is that she dropped out when confronted by the rants of Rev Wright
    Why Oprah Winfrey Left Rev. Wright's Church | Newsweek Periscope | Newsweek.com

She desired a more inclusive ministry and set out to create one herself in a way.

Clearly as the peel has been removed from the onion ,she has found that stumping for the trascendent one has hurt her ratings and image. She has a franchise to protect you know.
    Rumour has it that Oprah may have offended her core femalebase by choosing Obama over Clinton. As the Obama campaign has become more mysoganistic the women of America have begun to rally behind their Evita and take it out on anyone who would scorn her. Oprah got caught in the crosshairs. Call her collateral damage . Not quite openly thrown under the bus ,but a casualty to Obama's ambition none-the-less.

Not your question? Ask your question View similar questions

Question Tools Search this Question
Search this Question:

Advanced Search

Add your answer here.

Check out some similar questions!

What is oprah 's email address?I would like to get intouch with her. [ 4 Answers ]

It is so touchy that have taken all of these opportunity to get intouch.

Autism Discussion on Oprah [ 3 Answers ]

For those of you with children who have autism or those who know someone who knows someone on the spectrum please check out yesterday's Oprah. Jenny McCarthy and Holly Robinson Peete were on talking about their challenges raising a child with autism. They also brought up some wonderful points about...

Oprah neslon mandela song? [ 1 Answers ]

I was watching Oprah today and saw the episode where she was in africa. She was greating nelson mandela and a song came on I have no idea what is called does anyone know? I know its an out there question.

Oprah Show Yesterday [ 2 Answers ]

Did anyone see Oprah yesterday? Guests were John Edwards and the Ms. Dubios (the show Medium is based on her). I found it to be very interesting. What did others think?

View more questions Search