Ask Experts Questions for FREE Help !
Ask
    andreita1986 Posts: 1, Reputation: 1

Mar 2, 2006, 06:23 PM
    Filling wrong form of taxes help!
    I want to know what will happen if they gave a 1099 Misc, and instead I filled out a W2..? Answer me as soon as possible!! Please
    Fr_Chuck Posts: 81,301, Reputation: 7692
    Expert

Mar 2, 2006, 07:28 PM
    What do you mean you "filled" out a W2, you don't fill out a W2, the employor would fill it out if you were an employee. Normally they would also be withholding taxes. A 1099 is a contract worker.

There are large differences, one of course there is no income tax withheld and no SS paid in. ( and they don't pay employor portion either)

You don't make up your own form, if they had not supplied a form at all, you would have still just entered amount paid.

Can you explain more what you are talking about, since people don't write up their own w2 forms.
    AtlantaTaxExpert Posts: 21,836, Reputation: 846
    Senior Tax Expert

Mar 2, 2006, 09:03 PM
    Fr Chuck:

Don't take things so literally! She means she filled out the W-2 form on the tax software instead of the Form 1099-MISC.

Andrieta:

Fr Chuck's comments are valid. If you filled in the W-2 form instead of the Form 1099, it's likely the IRS will reject the return.

Not your question? Ask your question View similar questions

Question Tools Search this Question
Search this Question:

Advanced Search

Add your answer here.

Check out some similar questions!

Wrong SSN on the W-2 form? [ 5 Answers ]

When I get my W-2 I did not pay attention that my SSN is mistaken. Do I have to declare this income when I file my taxes? I mean the company made the mistake and they are not willing to fix it. What to do? This is good for me bacause my income is getting lower,but I do not want any...

Filed wrong form [ 9 Answers ]

I'm a j1 student doing hospitality training right now. I filed 1040ez instead of 1040nr. I didn't know about that at all. What should I do? I filed tax return year in 2002 as well. But I don't know if I did right or wrong Because that time I received $3. my friend filed it for me. I was on F-1...

Filling taxes in CA... [ 2 Answers ]

I have no time to search for an answer, so I will just post my question. My question is. Can someone who had a job for 4-5 months file taxes in CA? That may be too simple, but I need to know. Thanks :confused:

Used the wrong form [ 1 Answers ]

I'm using F-1 with an OPT to work last year. I didn't know that I don't need to pay medicare and social security taxes. I submitted form 1040A (e-file) via one website. And this website doesn't provide a service for 1040NR. What should I do? Should I resubmit 1040NR? Can I cancel the 1040A...

View more questions Search