Ask Experts Questions for FREE Help !
Ask
    jmadder Posts: 1, Reputation: 1

May 28, 2008, 12:05 PM
    Prenatal negligence
    I'm not sure if this falls under FAmily Law but here is my question. What is the "time frame" for filing a suit of prenatal negligence? Like, what would be the Statute of Limitations for that? Would you have to file right away or can you file whenever? If you can help thanks!
    this8384 Posts: 4,564, Reputation: 485
    Ultra Member

May 28, 2008, 12:12 PM
    Are you referring to "parental" negligence? What are the circumstances in your case? Are you trying to sue your own parents for something or are you asking for someone else? Can you prove that the parents were negligent?
    stinawords Posts: 2,071, Reputation: 150
    Ultra Member

May 28, 2008, 01:05 PM
    Prenatal neglagence varies from state to state. Some states don't have many laws concerning it just because of the whole "rights of the mother" thing. The best thing you could do is call a family lawyer in your area they will know the laws in your state. It can be somewhat hard to make a case of though, what are you trying to accomplish by doing this? Are you trying to make someone go to the doctor or something?
    this8384 Posts: 4,564, Reputation: 485
    Ultra Member

May 28, 2008, 02:37 PM
    I'm trying to figure out if they mean "prenatal" as in "prior to a child being born", or if they mean "parental" as in "people who produced a child."

Not your question? Ask your question View similar questions

Question Tools Search this Question
Search this Question:

Advanced Search

Add your answer here.

Check out some similar questions!

Criminal negligence causing death [ 1 Answers ]

How long can I wait to file a suit for criminal Negligence causing death in Canada or Alberta?

Negligence by a lawyer [ 2 Answers ]

I hired a lawyer for immigration purposes. He was supposed to help in applying for renewal of my immigration papers. He never did file my papers for renewal. I brought the matter to the Law society of upper Canada where it was determined he was negligent and as such was cautioned by the afore...

Could my neighbor be held liable due to negligence. [ 2 Answers ]

:confused: Could my neighbor be held liable due to negligence if we ask him to trim his tree significantly because this is a tree that has been growing out of control, the branches are very long and numerous to the point that this tree has been leaning over towards our townhouse as time goes by. ...

Child negligence - left home alone [ 2 Answers ]

Hello Friends, My name is Tom. I am a father of a 10 year-old girl and a 5 year-old boy. My children live in 2 separate households. One week with their mother and one week with me. For the past 3 years, their mother continues to leave the children home alone. It got worse as she contiunes to...

Landlord Gross Negligence [ 12 Answers ]

My daughter is 18yrs old and lives in an apartment complex in North Georgia. Recently the apartment complex was purchased by a new owner and it is now managed by a real estate company. At he back of the property are storage buildings behind a locked gate which can be rented by tenants and only the...

View more questions Search