Ask Experts Questions for FREE Help !
Ask
    whignight Posts: 2, Reputation: 1

May 28, 2008, 10:45 AM
    Shower diverter leaks a lot.
    The shower diverter on a Moen #82402 leaks a lot, what should I do to correct this, and how do you disassemble it?
    speedball1 Posts: 29,301, Reputation: 1939
    Eternal Plumber

May 28, 2008, 11:15 AM
    Quote Originally Posted by whignight
    The shower diverter on a Moen #82402 leaks a lot, what should I do to correct this, and how do you disassemble it?
    I don't understand your question. Your Moen tub/shower valve # 42402 does not have a internal diverter, your diverter's on the spout. Are you asking how to replace the spout? If so There are two types of diverter spouts slip on and threaded, (see images) let me know what type you have and we'll get you back running. Regards, Tom
    whignight Posts: 2, Reputation: 1

May 28, 2008, 02:40 PM
    Thanks for responding, the model # is 82402, and my problem is the amount of water that leaks past it when the shower is operating.

Hope you can help, and thanks again for responding.
    atdjr123 Posts: 2, Reputation: 1

May 28, 2008, 02:53 PM
    Shower pan removal

Not your question? Ask your question View similar questions

Question Tools Search this Question
Search this Question:

Advanced Search

Add your answer here.

Check out some similar questions!

Water leaks from shower head with diverter off [ 1 Answers ]

I have a problem in my master bathroom with the shower/tub enclosure have to high of water pressure. Here is an example: I turn on the hot water to full throttle then turn on the cold water increasing the water flow. Before I can increase the cold water to full flow, the water is coming out of the...

Tub Spout Leaks at diverter [ 1 Answers ]

I replaced my tub spout which was leaking water when the shower diverter was lifted. The new one leaks just as much. I thought maybe there isn't enough water pressure to seal the diverter. I have another shower with the same spout and it doesn't leak. Could there be a problem somewhere else?

Diverter Valve only leaks when shower is on [ 4 Answers ]

Hello... I am having a strange (to me anyways) problem with my tub/shower valve. The valve works fine when running water through the tub spout. No leaks. When I pull up on the tub spout lever for the shower, water starts leaking out the diverter. At least that is where it seems to be leaking...

Shower Head leaks [ 1 Answers ]

Here is an interesting problem. When I draw a bath for my children, water runs from the shower head. I have replaced the entire mechanism which distributes the water to the shower head and the bathtub spicate for the 3rd time. I have tried removing the spicate so that only the pipe was...

View more questions Search