Ask Experts Questions for FREE Help !
Ask
    rbrown508 Posts: 2, Reputation: 2

May 28, 2008, 10:18 AM
    Can I get a grant?
    Where can I apply for a grant for start up capital?
    Clough Posts: 26,677, Reputation: 1649
    Uber Member

May 29, 2008, 01:42 AM
    What kind of business is it that you are asking about obtaining a grant for, please? There would be a difference as to whether you would be able to obtain some kind of grant depending on if the business is a not-for-profit or for profit and the kind of business that it is.
    Fr_Chuck Posts: 81,301, Reputation: 7692
    Expert

May 29, 2008, 05:23 AM
    Yes, if you believe you are going to get free money to open a gas station it is not going to happen, And if you think you will get all the money you need, no, often it is in help. For example if you are going to open a factor to hire 100 people, you may get a development area of a city or county to furnish you a building for a number of years, or at least great tax breaks.

Also there is grants for many non profit items, homeless shelters, food kitchens, for music programs and much more.

Then there is grants for some purpose, to open a business for example in the inner city.
    rbrown508 Posts: 2, Reputation: 2

May 29, 2008, 06:57 AM
    Quote Originally Posted by Clough
    What kind of business is it that you are asking about obtaining a grant for, please? There would be a difference as to whether or not you would be able to obtain some kind of grant depending on if the business is a not-for-profit or for profit and the kind of business that it is.
    :D HI Clough, I am wanting to start a business in writing children's books and cirriculum (?) with Christian based morals, values and principals. My whole initial goal is to reach children who so desperately need to know Christ.

Not your question? Ask your question View similar questions

Question Tools Search this Question
Search this Question:

Advanced Search

Add your answer here.

Check out some similar questions!

Getting a grant for my G.E.D [ 5 Answers ]

How do I get a grant to get my G.E.D. I am a single mom with no extra money. I am trying to get some kind of help. I am getting no without an education. I want to be able to be a good provider for my little girl!

How to get a grant [ 2 Answers ]

I am trying to start my own home health care business and I have been searching online, but I don't know where to begin, most websites want you to download or pay for there services and I don't have the cash. Can someone please help me on, how to apply for a grant.

Need a grant [ 2 Answers ]

Could anyone please let me know of any legitimate grants that could be located. I'm a single mom struggling now with rent, instead of owing my own home. Could use some grant money to help to survive and succeed again

Can I get a grant if. [ 1 Answers ]

I want to know if I can still get a college grant or loan if I have a co-sign for someone.:confused:

Where to get a grant [ 3 Answers ]

Can anybody help me, does anybody know where to go get a grant, I don't won't to apply on line. I would like to go there personnely and apply or call. Thank you redpool

View more questions Search