Ask Experts Questions for FREE Help !
Ask
    raemcculloch Posts: 1, Reputation: 1

May 28, 2008, 09:50 AM
    Where do we go now
    My child was diagnosed with encephalitis and seizure disorder less than one year ago. This has completely changed her life, my life, and family members life. I was once financially secure and stable working as a nurse. I am presently now living week to week. She is not eligible for state programs such as medicaid, ssi, children's medical services etc... Are there charity programs or funding to assist with anything we may need help with. We have recently exhausted all therapy benefits my health insurance provides and have applied for charity through our local hospital which was denied due to my income. My yearly salary is only 55,000 and that does not go far after regular living expenses not much left. But I have numerous outstanding medical bills and am paying copays and paying for medications. Is there anyplace I can look into for any type of help? My daughter presently is recovering at a very slow pace she has some brain damage this will be a lifetime need.
    tjplayer Posts: 45, Reputation: 11

May 28, 2008, 11:49 AM
    I do not know where you live but have you thought about Shriners organization, Children's miracle network, John hopkins foundation this is also a good seizure medical center. I would also try local churches, where I live we have a lot of charity fundraisers like pancake suppers, auctions, dinner and music benefits for people in need of medical help. I am so sorry to hear of your daughters illness. I will keep you in my prayers and I hope this helps. Best of luck to your family. You may also try McDonalds Ronald McDonald children's foundation.

Not your question? Ask your question View similar questions

Question Tools Search this Question
Search this Question:

Advanced Search

Add your answer here.

View more questions Search