Ask Experts Questions for FREE Help !
Ask
    schwinn160 Posts: 13, Reputation: 2

May 28, 2008, 09:30 AM
    Getting in!
    First post for me! :)

I recently received my HR degree (bachelor's). I would like to "mention" this to our HR lady at the local branch of my company, but I don't want to be too "forward," since I'm just a lowly data entry person right now.

Does anyone have any advice for how to break the ice?

Thanks!
    MrsJoseph06 Posts: 189, Reputation: 22

May 28, 2008, 09:37 AM
    You could strike up a conversation and mention something about how relieived you are to be done with school. That might bring up the subject. Just a suggestion.
    sammismom1991 Posts: 9, Reputation: 1

May 28, 2008, 09:39 AM
    Be proud of what you accomplished! It wouldn't be forward of you - Say something like "I am so glad that I am finished with college!" or "I finally completed my Bachelor's degree and I'm so excited".
    schwinn160 Posts: 13, Reputation: 2

May 28, 2008, 09:39 AM
    That would be good if I ever saw her, but I work at an off-site location. I am definitely going to try to get to the main office soon, now that you mention it. Maybe I should change my direct deposit so I'll have a reason to see her... :)
    Linda Griffin Posts: 20, Reputation: 4

May 29, 2008, 06:00 AM
    You could call or email the HR person and ask how to get your personnel file updated with this new information. This would give you a very natural way to have a conversation with her about your accomplishment and to see if your degree would make you qualified for any future opportunities in the HR department.
    ScottGem Posts: 64,966, Reputation: 6056
    Computer Expert and Renaissance Man

May 29, 2008, 06:53 AM
    Did the company contribute towards your tutition? If so, then that's a natural way of bringing it up. Otherwise, I agree with Linda, this is something that should go in your personal file so just call her up and ask her how to get your file updated.

I just recevied my BA in HR and I want to update my personnel file, how do I do that?

Not your question? Ask your question View similar questions

Question Tools Search this Question
Search this Question:

Advanced Search

Add your answer here.

View more questions Search