Ask Experts Questions for FREE Help !
Ask
    Boertjie Posts: 2, Reputation: 1

May 28, 2008, 04:39 AM
    Sizing of UPS
    Hi,

If I have 300 computors each with a load of 400watts and I want to make provision for UPS back-up, what size UPS do I cater for? I have 3 phase 400VAC available.:rolleyes:
    smokedetector Posts: 368, Reputation: 56

Jul 1, 2008, 08:12 PM
    Best bet is to call the manufacturer and work with them. They'd be more qualified to help.

A big part of my job is calling people all day finding prices and tracking materials down. You can find out a lot about how something works if you call their tech department.
    KISS Posts: 12,510, Reputation: 839
    Uber Member

Jul 1, 2008, 09:18 PM
    Sorry, a UPS is not the way to go. Use a backup generator and a _________ system. Fill in the blank. This seems too much like a homework problem.

Besides watts is the wrong term to use. You should use VA.

Not your question? Ask your question View similar questions

Question Tools Search this Question
Search this Question:

Advanced Search

Add your answer here.

Check out some similar questions!

Wire sizing and conduit sizing [ 8 Answers ]

I am looking for confirmation on some of the info I have found and answers to a few missing pieces. This is regarding wire size and conduit size for service conductors from the meter to the breaker panel (about 30 ft away). Wire Size: 125A service needs #2 copper or 1/0 aluminum -- #6 copper...

Bow Sizing [ 2 Answers ]

How does one determine what size bow to buy? I have noticed many lengths and draw distances. I don't want to spend a lot of money on a bow to find out it is not comfortable to use.

Sizing the kva for TRANSFORMERS [ 2 Answers ]

What Would Be The Right Size Transformer. Power Coming In Would Be Single Phase 480 Output Is 120v , About 4.2a I Figure About 1kva Would Be Plenty

Electrical sizing help [ 5 Answers ]

I am currently building a new building. We as the owners have decided to install a diesel back-up generator unit with auto transfer. The building uses well water and therefore requires a water storage tank for the fire suppression sprinkler system. It also will be using a 100 hp 480 volt 3 phase...

View more questions Search