Ask Experts Questions for FREE Help !
Ask
    lbrowne Posts: 41, Reputation: 1

Mar 2, 2006, 03:22 PM
    How install a dishwasher? Just bought one
    Just bought a dishwasher at homedepot for a really good price, what's involved with installation as I'll be doing this myself.

Any pointers or a step by step?

Thanks,

lbrowne
    labman Posts: 10,580, Reputation: 551
    Uber Member

Mar 2, 2006, 04:54 PM
    Was this a floor model without an installation guide? If so, try the manufacturer's web site. Otherwise, you need a hole under the counter big enough for it. You need power, maybe tap into the circuit for some of the outlets. You might even replace a duplex outlet with an outlet/switch combination. Tee off the hot water line for water. I think you can buy PEX compression unions, or it is easy to cut into a CPVC line. Maybe look at some of the 3/8'' flex lines. If you have a garbage disposal, usually they have an inlet for the dishwasher drain. May have to knock out a plug.

More details? Post back.

Mar 2, 2006, 06:46 PM
    OPps, sorry. BUt I'm replacing my existing one so everything is there. Can't believe I never included that in my first post!

They're very similar in design just that this one is about 12 years newer :)

Mar 3, 2006, 07:44 AM
    No worries, had this installed in no time.

Cheers!

lbrowne

Not your question? Ask your question View similar questions

Question Tools Search this Question
Search this Question:

Advanced Search

Add your answer here.

Check out some similar questions!

I got the shaft when I bought a 94 ford probe [ 4 Answers ]

I recently bought a 94 ford probe from a private seller. The for sale sign said 40k on new engine. I bought the car the following week. The first time I drove I on the interstate it fell out of 5th gear. The next day the clutch went out.The "nice" lady who sold it to me did not tell of the trans...

Dishwasher [ 1 Answers ]

My Whirlpool Quiet Partner 1 always has water on the indside door when I unload it. My silverware basket is in the door, so my utensils are wet. Is this a defect in the dishwasher or is my drain line responsible? My dishwasher is only 6 months old!

Bought new briggs 12 hp with no instructions (need Help) [ 1 Answers ]

Had a 34 ton log splitter with 9 hp engine. Engine wore out. Went to place I bought the log splitter 5 years ago (Tractor Supply) and they recommended a B&S 12 hp replacement. They had one left, the floor model. No manual, no key, nothing but the beautiful new engine no gas tank (which I...

Bought the car need advice ? [ 5 Answers ]

Hi I bought my 93 civic 100k mile The dealer did not offer free 3 month warranty I want to have more knowledge for maintaince, Any one could giveme advice? Thankd

View more questions Search