Ask Experts Questions for FREE Help !
Ask
    123lucky Posts: 3, Reputation: 1

May 28, 2008, 01:25 AM
    Puppy eating stones and biting!
    Hi I have a new puppy 9 weeks old cavalier spaniel, she has started eating everything and anything! In the garden she eats the stones, grass, plants, flowers! Today I found stones in her poo! I am really worried about her as there was a bit of blood too! How do I stop her? She also seems to only bite my children and partner, when I pick her up she does not do it, the children are now becoming scared of her. HELP!!
    danielnoahsmommy Posts: 2,506, Reputation: 297
    Ultra Member

May 28, 2008, 02:52 AM
    She is an infant, as such she should be in your constant eyesight and care. She should not be allowed to dine in your garden as some plants or weeds may harm her, not to mention the stones. This is all normal puppy behaviour as she has very little time away from her mom. It would have been to your advantage had you waited a little longer to take from mom as she would have learnd some manners.

Things will get better and you may want to keep her in a more confined spot than running free. That way you can control what she will ingest

Not your question? Ask your question View similar questions

Question Tools Search this Question
Search this Question:

Advanced Search

Check out some similar questions!

Biting puppy [ 3 Answers ]

My staffordshire puppy is 16 weeks old, after having very hard time when we got her, i.e. nearly dying twice and costing us a fortune at vets, she is currently waiting for second injection, due in 6 days, she has never been for a walk yet as not fully covered for parvo etc, she is a lovely puppy,...

Puppy Is Still Biting! Help [ 4 Answers ]

Thank you for the advice on trying to solve my problem with my puppy's(labxgsd - now 12wks) excessive biting. I have tried holding her front legs up from behind - it works but just for a short while, 10 minutes later she comes back to bite. I have had her from 6wks - she was not that bad before. It...

Puppy still biting! [ 3 Answers ]

Callie is about 9 weeks now and she is turning into a little terror. When she's not sleeping she is running around biting anything she can get her teeth on. At first I just thought it was whenever I would play with her but now it's ALL the time! SHE BITES HARD TOO! -If I'm walking through the...

Puppy Biting [ 2 Answers ]

I have an 8 week old puppy. He is constantly biting at me and the kids. Help! How can we stop this ?

Biting puppy [ 3 Answers ]

We brought home a beagle/hound mix puppy that was abandoned near my husbands work. We took her to the vet and she has been dewormed, defleaed and had her first shots (she is 12 weeks old). She was pretty thin when we brought her home but is now coming along nicely and is putting on weight. ...

View more questions Search