Ask Experts Questions for FREE Help !
Ask
    benn11 Posts: 1,036, Reputation: 43
    Ultra Member

May 28, 2008, 12:01 AM
    x:\ is not accessible, Access Denied
    I have a problem with my PC, whereby I cannot access my USB. The USB drive works fine on other PC's but cannot seem to work on one of my PC's. I get the following message, "G:\is not accessible Access Denied".

Does it require me to re-install the USB drivers?
    seahwk83 Posts: 3,276, Reputation: 212
    Ultra Member

May 28, 2008, 08:25 PM
    Make sure you have all MS updates,

Remove USB drive
    Check device mgr to see if there are any yellow marks with the USB category, if so, right click and choose uninstall

Go up to actions and choose, scan for hardware changes
    benn11 Posts: 1,036, Reputation: 43
    Ultra Member

May 29, 2008, 03:43 AM
    I found an Answer, so I had to inform everyone

Open Microsoft System Configuration Utility, by typing msconfig in the run window
    Under services tab, deselect AdminWorks Agent X6
    Remove USB
    Restart computer and it should work...

Not your question? Ask your question View similar questions

Question Tools Search this Question
Search this Question:

Advanced Search

Add your answer here.

Check out some similar questions!

My documents not accessible access denied message [ 1 Answers ]

I had to perform a system restore on our computer as we were getting a system shutting down error and nothing else was working. During the reinstall of windows XP everything reset except for one file folder. Whenever we try to open this folder in My Documents we get an error saying that the file is...

Access denied to WMI [ 4 Answers ]

When I try to collect system information I get the following message: "Can't Collect Information Access denied to Windows Management Instrumentation server on this computer. Have an administrator change your access permissions." I believe I am the administrator since it's my home computer and...

Access denied on ntfs [ 3 Answers ]

Hi Can any one help me, I got a 40 gb hdd Divided it in to 5 parts All fat32 file system except one and that is of 9 gb ITS NTFS I can access some folders and files in that drive but rest of them I can Its saying "e:\\ not accessible... access denied" i tried to move some files in...

Access Denied Error [ 10 Answers ]

Problem: Can not access data on a Hard Drive which came from another (now discarded) PC. The HD won't boot by itself (has XP Pro installed which I think is corrupted ). I have the HD mounted as a 2nd HD in a new (XP Pro) computer. The HD is visible as D: and I can see all the directories, but...

Access is denied ? [ 2 Answers ]

There is still a problem when I want to access to my ibm computer through my emachine PC I can access it easily but when try to access my emachine through ibm it says emachine is not accessible. You might not have permission to use this network resource . Contact the administrator of this server to...

View more questions Search