Ask Experts Questions for FREE Help !
Ask
    Dee Posts: 1, Reputation: 1

Aug 14, 2003, 04:30 PM
    Mildew
    How do I remove mildew from paneling without damaging the finish?
    darrel1953 Posts: 86, Reputation: 12

May 12, 2004, 08:32 PM
    Mildew
    These days it is quite clear that mildew is much more than a nuisance. Have a professional look at it. If it is active the best suggestion may be to remove the paneling, find the source and kill it (whatever you need to do) and then replace the paneling with new.
    sepp99 Posts: 4, Reputation: 1

May 14, 2004, 07:19 PM
    Mildew
    A commercial mildew remover is the best bet.

Ask an employee at Home Depot and they'll match you with the right product.

An old home remedy for removing mildew from fabric is to use lemon juice. Apply lemon juice, and allow to dry. (If it's dry-clean only then apply lemon juice, sprinkle with salt and allow to dry.) Always do a test spot first.

Good luck.

Not your question? Ask your question View similar questions

Question Tools Search this Question
Search this Question:

Advanced Search

Add your answer here.

Check out some similar questions!

My grout has mildew [ 4 Answers ]

I just removed the caulking around the bottom of my shower stall (where the floor tile meets the wall tile). The caulking showed little or no evidence of mildew, however the underlying grout has mildew. What do I do, merely disinfect the grout and allow to dry and then re-caulk or do I have a...

Mildew on chair cushions [ 1 Answers ]

How can I safely remove mildew from canvas blue and white striped cushions?

Best way to get rid of mildew [ 1 Answers ]

Our refrigerator has built up a tough film of mildew in the crevices of the door gasket. I've tried Clorox wipes, and bleach/water scrubbed with a stiff toothbrush, but neiteher works well at all. I would really rather not replace the three door gaskets because of the final price of around $150. ...

Best way to get rid of mildew [ 1 Answers ]

Our refrigerator has built up a tough film of mildew in the crevices of the door gasket. I've tried Clorox wipes, and bleach/water scrubbed with a stiff toothbrush, but neiteher works well at all. I would really rather not replace the three door gaskets because of the final price of around $150....

Mildew [ 1 Answers ]

I need to know what is effective to remove mildew. I have corrected the problems that caused the wet areas. Replumbed the condo, had the roof leak repaired. We are in the process of removing all the mildewed wood and wall board and replacing it with new. Any suggestions for clean up other than...

View more questions Search