Ask Experts Questions for FREE Help !
Ask
    lorraineh Posts: 4, Reputation: 1

May 27, 2008, 10:01 PM
    What sort of thank you gift can I give a woman in Ireland who was so very helpful ?
    My sister and I went to Ireland last year, and it was a terrible ordeal. Our mother was taking us, and she got sick on board. She was in the hospital for the entire 10 days, and we were left without much money and a place to stay. This kind woman from the hospital gave us money and food vouchers. We are now planning another trip to Ireland in Sept. and I would love to give her a thank you gift. Any suggestions?
    starbuck8 Posts: 3,128, Reputation: 734
    Gone, But Not Forgotten

May 27, 2008, 10:41 PM
    That was so very sweet of that woman. What a nice thing for her to do for strangers! I hope your mother recovered well from her illness.

Was the woman at the hospital, a nurse or employee? Did you get to see her after she gave you these things?

I don't know if you are into crafts, but maybe something like a picture of your family, on a really nice plaque of some sort, and then maybe a nice poem, or a thank you of some sort at the top of it, with the lady's name engraved would be nice. She could hang something like that in her home, or at the hospital, so everyone could see what a kind and caring person she is.

I think something of a personal nature would really be nice! :)
    templelane Posts: 1,177, Reputation: 227
    Ultra Member

May 28, 2008, 07:27 AM
    I'd say alcohol such as good wine or whiskey, chocolates* and a card would be nice.

Those are the typical and always well received gifts over here. Oo almost forgot you can't go wrong with flowers either!

I'm sure she'll just be glad she could help and equally glad that you remembered!

*not american chocolate though it tastes awful to europeans!
    NotLaLa Posts: 7, Reputation: 2

Jun 1, 2008, 11:23 AM
    Since she took such good care of you, how about giving her something to pamper herself? I don't know where in Ireland she is, but would there be a day spa in her area? You can probably find out online if there is. If so, you can probably get a gift certificate online.

Not your question? Ask your question View similar questions

Question Tools Search this Question
Search this Question:

Advanced Search

Add your answer here.

Check out some similar questions!

My anniversary is soon approaching.what gift can I give? [ 8 Answers ]

Hey! People please help me out... I have been in a relationship for almost 3year's now... Our 3rd anniversary is soon approaching in a weeks time... I want to give him a gift that he will remember for a life time! Suggest me a good gift :) I am confused :confused: I really don't know what to do?...

What Special gift could I give my ex boyfriend? [ 10 Answers ]

I need to give my ex boyfriend a special gift of Appreciation - a well deserved Thank YOU? If I Thank Him I can find some closure in my life... Thanks

What's A Good Gift To Give My Boyfriend? [ 10 Answers ]

Hello everyone! Me and my boyfriend have been going out for 4 months, and he is moving to another state. I won't see him for a year(so yes he is coming back). I really love him a lot! But I don't know what to get him 4 his goodbye present which makes me feel like I'm a bad girlfriend if I don't...

I have no idea what monetary gift is norm for me to give to my niece for college grad [ 2 Answers ]

I am close to my niece, and I have no idea what is considered"average" for a college graduation monetary gift

When not to give a gift? [ 7 Answers ]

Hello- I have a dilemma. My cousin is getting married this year and I don’t know if I should give him anything for the wedding. Here’s why: This same cousin attended both my sister’s and my wedding without giving any gifts. On top of that, for both weddings, he brought a guest when only he...

View more questions Search