Ask Experts Questions for FREE Help !
Ask
    bberna Posts: 5, Reputation: 1

May 27, 2008, 09:10 PM
    I already got J1 waiver. Then my J1 was extended.Do I need to apply again for waiver?
    Hello,
    I am on a J1 visa. I got my waiver for the 2 year rule couple months ago. But after getting the waiver, my university extended my J1 status. My question is: is the waiver still good or do I need to apply for a waiver again? We are about the start the H1 process.
    lawanwadee Posts: 3,653, Reputation: 124
    Immigration Expert

May 27, 2008, 11:25 PM
    You don't need a new J-1 waiver, but it's recommended that you discuss this matter with your attorney prior to the process.
    bberna Posts: 5, Reputation: 1

May 28, 2008, 06:09 AM
    Quote Originally Posted by lawanwadee
    You don't need a new J-1 waiver, but it's recommended that you discuss this matter with your attorney prior to the process.
    Thanks a lot. The officer dealing with my H1 process said the same thing, i.e. I don't need a new waiver. However, when I asked the Dept. of State I got contradicting answers. That's what confused me. Can I ask how sure are you about not needing a new waiver?

Thank you.
    lawanwadee Posts: 3,653, Reputation: 124
    Immigration Expert

May 28, 2008, 12:10 PM
    Did you talk to customer service? Many of them are new and not knowledgeable even with simple questions. Talk to your attorney.
    zoro_1001 Posts: 1, Reputation: 1

May 30, 2008, 12:56 AM
    If an immigrant decides to return home but would later like to apply for a waiver from the country where he is live,can this be done from a distance since the immigrant wouldn't be able to enter the country without a visa?

Not your question? Ask your question View similar questions

Question Tools Search this Question
Search this Question:

Advanced Search

Add your answer here.

Check out some similar questions!

Trampoline Waiver [ 3 Answers ]

I own a small day care business. We just got a trampoline. Is it legal for me to let my daycare kids use it? And if it is, where can I get a waiver form?

J1 visa have HRR Waiver/ applicable to H1B cap [ 5 Answers ]

I am currently here on a J1 visa. Had a two year home residency requirement but got the waiver approved. I have applied for a H1B visa on 1 April 2008. Want to check if I am applicable to the H1 B cap.

Trampoline Waiver [ 8 Answers ]

Hello - I purchased a trampoline for my two daughters, and of course all the neighbor children want to go on it. Can you tell me where I can get a waiver form for their parents to sign in case someone gets hurt. Thanks, Tammy

Inadmissability waiver [ 3 Answers ]

I need some help with my situation I was deported 2 times from usa once for over stay and the second for trying to re enter with someone else's id they gave me a lifetime bar. I want to apply for an inadmissability waiver but want an opinon as to what my real chances are when I tried to re enter It...

View more questions Search