Ask Experts Questions for FREE Help !
Ask
    crosby00 Posts: 1, Reputation: 1

May 27, 2008, 06:29 PM
    Bug Collision
    If a bug is hovering in the air, v=0, and bangs into a car going 20 m/s. The collision is perfectly elastic, and the car continues without any change in velocity after the collision. What is the bug's speed?
    robkelly2242 Posts: 57, Reputation: 0

May 27, 2008, 10:55 PM
    Car v decreases by an infinitesmal amount, bug speed ~ 40 m/sec. Momentum is conserved.

Not your question? Ask your question View similar questions

Question Tools Search this Question
Search this Question:

Advanced Search

Add your answer here.

Check out some similar questions!

I was involved in a collision [ 4 Answers ]

I was involved in a motor vehicle accident (MVA) back in Sep 07. I fractured C2 and was flown to hospital by helicopter. I was released 24 hrs latter and was treated non-surgically with a Miami-J collar. I was in collar for 5 months and lost 7 weeks from work. I am out of collar now and driving...

Car collision:vehicle I hit has no insurance [ 3 Answers ]

The car that I hit was parked behind my vehicle.She wasn't parked directly but her left headlight was toward the center of my rear end . There is nearly no visible damage to my car but rather "scuff marks" on my tire. Her drivers side door at the front of her car has a small visible dent. I am...

Collision, no police report [ 2 Answers ]

I was driving home on a wet road last night and suddenly lost traction and control of the car, but managed to swerve it and hit the side of the road and stop it. I busted the front right part of my car and the tire. Unfortunately, I was a minute from home and so shaken up that I didn't call the...

Auto collision, no damage, said was not there [ 1 Answers ]

A car and I were stopped at a red light. I was doing something and my foot slipped off the break. I rolled into the car in front of me. There was no damage to either vehicle. The lady in the front car got out asked me to write down my name, phone # and license plate # and asked to see my driver...

View more questions Search