Ask Experts Questions for FREE Help !
Ask
    philroco Posts: 1, Reputation: 1

May 27, 2008, 01:59 PM
    How can I save Wireless Zero settings?
    Every time my computer is restarted or hibernates it cuts off my wireless. When I start back up I always get the Error that windows cannot look up the wireless until I run Zero Config. So I do that, and then it still has an old Network from my moms stored as automatic so I delete that and add my new one. Everything works fine, and then I shut down. Next time I start up I have to redo it all over again. Why isn't it saving my settings, and always having to start zero config again? Can anyone tell me what I'm doing wrong?
    WallyHelps Posts: 1,018, Reputation: 136
    Ultra Member

May 27, 2008, 05:23 PM
    I think instead of saving the Zero Config settings, you'd be better off completely disabling Wireless Zero Config (WZC). It seems to just cause problems for people, and it solves nothing.

So what I suggest is to get your wireless working, then disable the WZC service.

There are two ways to do this:
    1. Download a small, free utility called Wizmo from Steve Gibson at Gibson Research
      Open up a Command Prompt window (in the folder you downloaded wizmo to) and type "wizmo wanlock" (no quotes) That's it! One time does it.
    2. Manually disable the WSC service
      Right-click on My Computer, Select Manage. Click on Services (under Services and Applications) and scroll to the bottom of the long list. Find Wireless Zero Config. Right click it, select Stop. Stay there and click Properties. Select Startup type Disabled. Done.

Either method does the same thing. Just depends on how geeky you are.

I've assumed you are using Windows XP since you didn't specify.

This should solve your problem.
    Best of luck,
    WallyH

Not your question? Ask your question View similar questions

Question Tools Search this Question
Search this Question:

Advanced Search

Add your answer here.

Check out some similar questions!

In LAN settings, when I click on TCP/IP settings, it is not allowing me to open up. [ 4 Answers ]

In LAN settings, when I click on TCP/IP settings, it is not allowing me to open up.

Can't save settings on non-default printer [ 2 Answers ]

Hi, I purchased a Canon ip3300 printer with the intention of installing it twice on the same PC - once with default settings for standard A4 Portrait documents and once for A5 landscape documents that I frequently run. Sadly, when I set the printing preferences in WinXP Start > Printers & Faxes,...

Firefox settings don't save [ 1 Answers ]

Hi, I have Firefox 1.5.0.8. My search engine settings and toolbar customizations don't save at all. How do I fix this? Thanks Chris

View more questions Search