Ask Experts Questions for FREE Help !
Ask
    Orionsun93 Posts: 10, Reputation: 1

May 27, 2008, 12:30 PM
    Meeting New People, Attraction of girls. I am a quiet guy.
    :( I am a quiet guy who isn't the smoothest at making conversation with people in general. I like being quiet but I want to make some people laugh because it makes me sad to think that some of my best friends are better at making people laugh then I am and it's hard. I use to make people laugh all the time. I used to be attactrive and a lot of girls liked me but I don't know what happened to me people aren't as attracted to me as they used to be. I feel empty and I get angry when I think about these things and no matter how hard I try not to they always come back. I have days when I feel like nobody likes me. How can I be more friendly and attractive and how can I feel good throughout my day so I can appear more attractive?
    ChihuahuaMomma Posts: 7,378, Reputation: 608
    Vision Expert

May 27, 2008, 12:38 PM
    Are you hanging with people that you are comfortable around? If you hang out with a group that you are comfortable with introducing new people into the group or just meeting someone with a friend present can relieve a lot of the stress of the situation.

I think the biggest part is that you let it affect you so much, just think, "I'm the man, everyone wants to be MY friend." And walk around with that attitude. People will recognize the confidence. Don't let it get to your head though :P
    mimi03 Posts: 201, Reputation: 45

May 27, 2008, 03:57 PM
    1) Don't compare yourself to ANYONE else, you are different for a reason and your differences make you unique!
    2) You have to learn to like yourself, think about your good traits and if you have a close friend it may be a good idea to ask them what do they like about you just to have an outside opinion, you may get a nice surprise from this...
    3) If you're in school, try joining school clubs that interest you. There it will be easy to meet and talk to new people because you all have something in common... and that's all it takes to have a conversation and make a new friend... just one common thread.

Really work on 1 and 2 those are important!
    As far as looking more attractive, start with the basics... wear clothes that you feel good in. make sure they are clean and you are clean and smell nice and your hygiene is good... that's all you really need, trust me someone will like you for you BUT you must like yourself First!
    kateuk Posts: 20, Reputation: 2

Jun 4, 2008, 11:34 AM
    You seem to have really low self-esteem, so maybe other people, i.e. girls, notice this, and are repelled by it. Personally I find confident (not cocky) guys way more attractive than ones who clearly feel they are inadequate. Even if you aren't, give the impression that you are happy and confident around new girls, and they'll get that.
    Maybe you used to make people laugh when you were with a different group of friends, perhaps these ones make you feel inferior in some way? I don't really know the situation, just guessing. I just read the other two comments and they say basically the same things, haha, oh well, hopefully I added a little more, if not, take it as reinforcement of some good points :) Good luck!
    ashley568 Posts: 34, Reputation: 3

Jun 8, 2008, 12:02 AM
    Quote Originally Posted by Orionsun93
    :( I am a quiet guy who isn't the smoothest at making conversation with people in general. I like being quiet but I want to make some people laugh because it makes me sad to think that some of my best friends are better at making people laugh then I am and it's hard. I use to make people laugh all the time. I used to be attactrive and a lot of girls liked me but I don't know what happened to me people aren't as attracted to me as they used to be. I feel empty and I get angry when I think about these things and no matter how hard I try not to they always come back. I have days when I feel like nobody likes me. How can I be more friendly and attractive and how can I feel good throughout my day so I can appear more attractive?
    Girls like a confident guy. You don't have to always entertin everyone but most girls EXPECT the guy to make the first move. Another problem is just findnig the person you are compadable with. I am pretty quiet person and I like to date quiet guys they are less draining. Im sure you are still attractive but people do pick up on low self esteem.
    jrsg Posts: 560, Reputation: 67

Jun 8, 2008, 12:37 PM
    Your profile says your 15... I am 16.
    I suggest that you join groups and teams at your school. You will meet people with common interests that way. Also a few girls;).

And what everybody is saying is correct, be more confident. Before I leave for school, its sounds funny I know, I look in the mirror and say "who wouldn't want you!" It may sound like I am crazy, but then I laugh at myself, and I am in a good, happy, confident mood for that day. I was just dumped by my girlfriend, but that mirror thing helps me get by.

So, join school teams and groups, clubs. Find people with common interests. That sort of thing. I'm sure you'll be back on your feet if you just do that. And be confident, you probably are a nice, funny guy.
    andy305mia Posts: 48, Reputation: 1

Jun 10, 2008, 11:13 PM
    What you shoul do is when you hear a conversation, jump into it. You don't got to say much then they will respond to u. Then they will think your an outspoken guy and real nice guy. Then you guys will change the subject and get into personal conversations and people will think your trustworthy and they will spread the word about you and then some people will feel attracted to you and they will soon like to hang out with u.
    ChihuahuaMomma Posts: 7,378, Reputation: 608
    Vision Expert

Jun 11, 2008, 04:01 AM
    Or they could think you are nosy. I don't think that's the best idea... but definitely intiate conversations...

Not your question? Ask your question View similar questions

Question Tools Search this Question
Search this Question:

Advanced Search

Add your answer here.

Check out some similar questions!

Meeting New People, Attraction of girls. I am a quiet guy. [ 8 Answers ]

:( I am a quiet guy who isn't the smoothest at making conversation with people in general. I used to be attactrive and a lot of girls liked me but I don't know what happened to me people aren't as attracted to me as they used to be. I feel empty and I get angry when I think about these things and...

Aggressive dachshunds when meeting new people [ 1 Answers ]

I have 2 dachshunds and when ever they meet someone new they freak out. I mean after like 2 days they are pretty cool with people but for those first couple of days they are mean. I mean they will bark a LOT and then if the person tries to come near them one will snap at them or lunge. She won't...

Meeting with ex [ 3 Answers ]

Hi there, I had a girlfriend of 4 years- things weren't really working. We had some problems in our relationship- but we never really talked about them, as she had a close relative who was terminally ill. It has been 2 months since we have broken up- we both miss each other and have said so....

Meeting new people! [ 2 Answers ]

Just wondering has anyone got any good ideas wher and the best way to meet new people?? :confused:

After first meeting [ 1 Answers ]

My lunch date was OK, but I would like to hear from him again. Should I call or wait for him to call?

View more questions Search