Ask Experts Questions for FREE Help !
Ask
    sjessup07 Posts: 7, Reputation: 1

May 27, 2008, 12:28 PM
    Grounding Rods
    I am in the process of installing a brick patio in the back. While digging out the area I ran into two rods with the grounding wire from the house attatched. The tips of the rods were sticking out of the ground slightly covered by mulch. I don't want to move the rods or the patio. My question is, can I drive the rods down far enough to install the patio over the rods and the ground wire?
    stanfortyman Posts: 5,598, Reputation: 279
    Electrical & Lighting Expert

May 27, 2008, 01:13 PM
    Yes you can. In fact you should.

The tops of the rods should be at or below grade.
    sjessup07 Posts: 7, Reputation: 1

May 27, 2008, 04:21 PM
    Thanks a lot. I appreciate the help!

Not your question? Ask your question View similar questions

Question Tools Search this Question
Search this Question:

Advanced Search

Add your answer here.

Check out some similar questions!

Grounding rods [ 4 Answers ]

First off thanks everyone for all your help so far. I have a question about a grounding rod. Can it be used in place of a water utility connection? My water meter is a good 50 feet away from my house and I am pretty sure that the pipes that run into the house are non-metallic, plus I have no...

Anode rods [ 1 Answers ]

Do all hot water heaters have 'anode rods'? My husband thinks our new one does not because there is no similar place on top of the unit like the last one.

Not rotors or tie rods [ 2 Answers ]

wussup ladies and gentlemen. My vibation problem is still occurring. I have received sum good replies. At various speeds my car shakes. Sometimes it feels like its in the whole car. Could my problem be transmission mounts?

Where to put Grouding Rods? [ 1 Answers ]

I am putting a 100 amp service in a garage that is 125 feet away from the main 200 amp service of the house. I am not sure where to and how many grouding rods should be used

Ground Rods [ 2 Answers ]

I'm about to install 2 ground Rods 5/8 by 8ft. Can anyone give me any hints on how to install these without damaging the rods. Also I heard that general rule of thumb is 8 foot down and 8 foot apart can anyone shed some light on these locations. Any help will be a great help. Thanks again, ...

View more questions Search