Ask Experts Questions for FREE Help !
Ask
    jcdogluv Posts: 32, Reputation: 1

May 27, 2008, 11:27 AM
    Puppy won't let me clean his ears
    So I know you are supposed to clean a puppy's ears regularly. I've been trying to do that.. but my puppy hates it. He would not let me touch his ears for more than a sec. he keeps wiggling his head around and then when I try to just hold him still... he tries to bite. What shoud I do?
    MrsJoseph06 Posts: 189, Reputation: 22

May 27, 2008, 11:30 AM
    Get someone to help you. Hold him down make him listen to you then reward him for allowing you to clean his ears. Make it worht his while to let you clean his ears but if there are two of you it makes it a lot easier

May 27, 2008, 11:36 AM
    Oh you sorry I forgot to mention. Either my brother or my mom usually helps me with the process. I don't know if they are just holding him down wrong or something. He bites whoever's hand that's holding him. And this is probably a stupid question. But is there a proper way to hold him down? Like is it safe if we push his head down so that he won't bite?

May 27, 2008, 11:40 AM
    How old is the puppy? Hold his mouth shut so he can't bite or get a muzel is he biting in aggression or play?

May 27, 2008, 01:00 PM
    He's 4 month. I think he's biting more now because he's teething. I've been doing the whole "yelping" method when he bites me.. and he's getting a bit better with it. But still does it sometimes though. And he does it to get away with things... such as cleaning his ears... so that we won't hold him down

May 27, 2008, 01:28 PM
    Yea, if he is just playing then just hold his mouth shut. And if you don't want him to bite you then you need to decipline him for it. I would say just sit down on the floor and lay him on his side and hold him down to clean his ears.

Not your question? Ask your question View similar questions

Question Tools Search this Question
Search this Question:

Advanced Search

Check out some similar questions!

Man with no ears! [ 29 Answers ]

Sadly, Tony was born without ears, and though he proved to be Successful in business, his problem annoyed him greatly. One day he needed to hire a new manager for his company, so he set up Three interviews.

Ears, ears, ears. When will it end? [ 28 Answers ]

Okay so for those of you that don't remember... Callie started scratching her ears, A lot. She wimpered every time she would scratch them. I bought some ear solution and cleaned her ears and it did not help. I finally took her to the Vet and the Vet said he could not find any signs of earmites...

Puppy still has itchy ears! [ 8 Answers ]

I took my puppy to the Vet a few weeks ago and while I was there I told him she was scratching her ears a lot and they were starting to smell bad. He examined her ears and said there was no sign of earmites and I probably just needed to clean them with the ear cleaning solution. I bought the...

Chihuahua puppy ears [ 1 Answers ]

When does a chi pups ears both stand up erect and stay up. Mine is 5 months and they can't make up their mind.. Once there up, then down, now one is up and one is down.. What gives... Is there a set time... I heard that teething could cause this... anyone know? :confused:

Cat ears [ 1 Answers ]

Why might my kitten has scabs all over her ears?:confused:

View more questions Search