Ask Experts Questions for FREE Help !
Ask
    Boristheblade Posts: 141, Reputation: 17

Jul 15, 2008, 12:53 PM
    Actually really happy for you, it's nice that some have a happy ending :)
    Romefalls19 Posts: 4,739, Reputation: 1130
    Ultra Member

Jul 15, 2008, 01:14 PM
    The most important thing to learn from Starlite... That in order to reconcile you must TALK about the issues that lead to the break up in the first place. Not taking anything away from their relationship or the love they have for each other(which I'm sure is a great deal) but if they did not discuss the problems they had before they would surely crash and burn. This they did, and thus I believe they have a much greater chance of succeeding and I truly hope it will:-)
    starlite1 Posts: 753, Reputation: 58

Jul 16, 2008, 05:45 AM
    Quote Originally Posted by Romefalls19
    The most important thing to learn from Starlite...That in order to reconcile you must TALK about the issues that lead to the break up in the first place. Not taking anything away from their relationship or the love they have for each other(which I'm sure is a great deal) but if they did not discuss the problems they had before they would surely crash and burn. This they did, and thus I believe they have a much greater chance of succeeding and I truly hope it will:-)
    Hi Rome,

Thank you so much! I really hope it works out too. You are right. Communication is key, and I am so glad that he was open with me, and let me know why he broke up with me in the past. I hope he can continue his communication with me, and always be honest and open. I am going there again this weekend, so I will also get a feel for him since a week went past, and hopefully he is still really wanting this. I am confident though that he does. Honestly, and I even said this to him, since he moved from NY to GA he has mellowed out, and became a lot more relaxed and open. He still may have a little bit of a wall, but I did notice that it did come down a great deal. God Willing, we shall see.
    Chery Posts: 3,666, Reputation: 698
    Gone, But Not Forgotten

Jul 16, 2008, 05:55 AM
    Hi starlite... I can relate to the difference a city can make. NY is stressville, and GA is southern layed-back (if I still remember correctly)

I loved Georgia and got pg there, so there must be something to the fact that he is more relaxed there. Outer environment can make as much of a change in a person as inner change - so, double good luck to you dear.

Jul 16, 2008, 06:04 AM
    Quote Originally Posted by Chery
    Hi starlite.... I can relate to the difference a city can make. NY is stressville, and GA is southern layed-back (if I still remember correctly)

I loved Georgia and got pg there, so there must be something to the fact that he is more relaxed there. Outer environment can make as much of a change in a person as inner change - so, double good luck to you dear.

Hi Chery,

Thank you so much ;) . It's funny, because I too was born and raised in NY (Long Island) and he even said, 'I guarantee you will not be so stressed here in Georgia'. I told him 'I hope I won't be either'. But because I am sooo 'New York' from the accent (so people tell me LOL) to my stress and running around (fast pace , not running around, running around LOL). Plus the coffee and cigarettes don't help. But I think GA will.

And thank you again for all of your advise and help, and of course your warm wishes ;)

I will keep you posted!
    f104 Posts: 123, Reputation: 7

Jul 16, 2008, 06:57 AM
    Hi Starlite glad things went well. When is he going to visit you?

Jul 17, 2008, 05:32 AM
    Quote Originally Posted by f104
    Hi Starlite glad things went well. When is he going to visit you?
    Hi F104,

That is a good question! I actually asked him if he wants to come up next month. He is consulting right now in another state, so it may be hard. Besides I like going there better. It's more peaceful. But he is trying to work out his schedule and see if he can make it down next month.

How are you doing?
    f104 Posts: 123, Reputation: 7

Jul 17, 2008, 06:58 AM
    Sounds cool Starlite. All the best.

Jul 17, 2008, 08:32 AM
    Thank you F104! I appreciate it :-)

Not your question? Ask your question View similar questions

Question Tools Search this Question
Search this Question:

Advanced Search

Check out some similar questions!

Best man advise [ 4 Answers ]

My brother called me the other day and ask me to be his best man at his wedding. Which I am greatly honored to do for him. I have never been a best man but I have been to allot of weddings. Can some one please give me some advise on what to say for my speech and some clean jokes to go with it. ...

Seeking advise on giving advise [ 1 Answers ]

If you are sharing in a living situation with someone who you've found to be kind of a slob, i.e. not doing any cleaning nor taking care of personal hygiene, and it poses a health risk to both of you, how would you go about telling that person to cleanup? How can you tell another person that they...

I need advise [ 14 Answers ]

Umm OK I go out with this guy and yes like most of you said that I should moveon so I did and I'm over cheyenne and anyway I go out with this guy and his name is nick and ummm I think I kind of love him and the other day my friend asked me if I would ever have sex with him and I said yeah probably...

View more questions Search