Ask Experts Questions for FREE Help !
Ask
    sandy5728 Posts: 2, Reputation: 1

May 27, 2008, 09:51 AM
    Air conditioner compressor and fan
    Checked the circuit breaker and fuses outside the disconnect. The compressor and fan still do not turn on when I turn the ac on.
    wmproop Posts: 3,749, Reputation: 91
    Ultra Member

May 27, 2008, 10:34 AM
    Have you checked for 24 volts at the contactor? (the 2 small thermostat wires carry the 24 volts) is the contactor pulled in? Is there 220 volts going into the contactor?

Not your question? Ask your question View similar questions

Question Tools Search this Question
Search this Question:

Advanced Search

Add your answer here.

Check out some similar questions!

Blower goes on/off after air conditioner compressor moter was changed [ 4 Answers ]

I have an old Trane Split System Cooling (X149116P01) combined with a gas furnace. The Compressor motor stopped working and was just changed and afterwards, the blower would work fine for a while and then start cycling on and off. When I shut off the system for a while, it would work again for 20...

Testing a central air conditioner compressor [ 2 Answers ]

Is there a way that a compressor for a central air conditioner can be tested to see if it is going out?

Air conditioner compressor not running. [ 1 Answers ]

My air conditioner fan runs outside but the compressor does not come on. Why

AC Compressor [ 2 Answers ]

The AC unit in my house is 25 years old, and it's not big enough for the size of our house, it is also not very energy efficient. We have a home warranty that we got when we bought our house and it’s due to expire in a couple of months. Is there something we can do to “break” the compressor so the...

Compressor on central air conditioner [ 6 Answers ]

The compressor on my central air conditioner tries to come on but won't. I hear it trying to come on. The unit is attached to a "Beat The Peak" system. Could that be causing the unit to not come on?

View more questions Search