Ask Experts Questions for FREE Help !
Ask
    brianguy79 Posts: 3, Reputation: 1

May 27, 2008, 09:48 AM
    Nasty smell coming from our master bathroom
    We just bought a trailer about a year ago and now that's its getting nice out we get this really bad smell from our master bathroom espically when it gets hot. We have two sperate sinks and a shower witch we use all 3 all the time we also have a big tub in the corner of the bathroom that we only use about 2 times a month if that. When we open the cubords doors under the sinks the smell gets really bad but like I said before when it gets hot out the smell gets really bad we also have carpet it the whole bathroom including around the toilet sometimes when I'm going to the bathroom I do miss but not that much that it would make the bathroom smell like that can someone please help I really don't want to call a plumber if we don't have to. Also we live in the city so we do not have our own septic system we are with city water and sewer can someone please help thanks?******UPDATE******I FOULD OUT THAT IT IS A MOTHER COOK AND AT LEAST 2 Baby's DOES ANYONE KNOW HOW TO GET RID OF COONS THAT ARE UNDER MY TRAILER BUT IN THE UNDERBELLY OF IT PLEASE HELP
    ballengerb1 Posts: 27,378, Reputation: 2280
    Home Repair & Remodeling Expert

May 27, 2008, 10:43 AM
    Is this trailer tied to your city sewer via a drain line or is there a holding tank? Whichever you have it sounds like there is no trap.
    brianguy79 Posts: 3, Reputation: 1

May 27, 2008, 11:32 AM
    We are tied in with the city someone else said it might be that we have a dead mouse or rat under the insulation it does smell bad when I take the side cover off the side of the bathtub but I can't really see if there is anything in there.
    ballengerb1 Posts: 27,378, Reputation: 2280
    Home Repair & Remodeling Expert

May 27, 2008, 12:06 PM
    A mouse would quit smelling in about a week and a rat two weeks. If it smells like sewer gas then its not a mouse. Is it sewer gas or just a moldy smell.

Not your question? Ask your question View similar questions

Question Tools Search this Question
Search this Question:

Advanced Search

Add your answer here.

Check out some similar questions!

Nasty smell in bathroom [ 2 Answers ]

Hi, I have been leaving with a nasty sewage smell in my bathroom for the past two weeks. It is a smell isolated to my master bathroom, but that is so strong it will move the smell to my bedroom and at certain times of the night, my family room. The second bathroom is fine.when it first...

Foul Smell coming from bathroom [ 2 Answers ]

This might be a ridiculous question but there is a rotten egg smell coming from one of our bathrooms. I cannot pinpoint the location except that the smell is overwhelmingly foul. I think it's coming from the sink but it could be coming from the jacuzzi tub. Originally I thought the smell was...

Smell coming up from bathroom sink. [ 1 Answers ]

Our bathroom sink smells like sewer when we run water down it. I know the trap is full because we use this sink every day. We have to keep the drain closed and run a sink full of water before we can open the drain and use the sink. What is causing this problem? Could our vent be plugged? It...

Sewage gas smell coming up in Master Tub [ 3 Answers ]

Hi everyone, I have seen similar questions but am not sure if answer applies in my case. We recently built a house and began noticing a sewage gas smell coming up from our master bath tub. Shower is separate from tub. I also notice a gurgling sound in the master tub when we flush the master...

View more questions Search