Ask Experts Questions for FREE Help !
Ask
    khalidaldwsri Posts: 1, Reputation: 1

May 27, 2008, 07:37 AM
    Single ideal reactors and batch reactor
    Problem #1:
    From the following data find a satisfactory rate equation for the gas-phase decomposition of pure A, A--> R + S, in a mixed flow reactor.
    RunNumber 1 2 3 4 5
    XA ( for CAO= 0.002 mollliter). 0.22 0.63 0.75 0.88 0.96
    Space Time, sec. 0.423 5.10 13.5 44.0 192
    -------------------------------------------------------------
    Problem #2
    In the presence of a homogeneous catalyst of a given concentration aqueous reactant A converted to product at the following rates and CAo alone determined this rate.
    CA mol/lit 1 2 4 6 7 9 12
    -r mol/lit.hr 0.06 0.1 0.25 1.0 2.0 1.0 0.5
    a) Find the time needed to lower the concentration of A from CAo= 10 mol/lit to CAf= 2mol/lit in a batch reactor.
    b) What size of mixed flow reactor is needed for 60% conversion of a feed stream of 1000 mol/hr at CAo =8 mol/liter?
    ------------------------------------------------------------
    Problem 3
    The thermal decomposition of nitrous oxide (N2O)in the gas phase at 1030 K is studied in a constant volume batch reactor at different initial pressures of N2O The half- life data so obtained are as follows:
    Po .mmHg 52.5 139 290 360
    T1/2,sec 860 470 225 212
    Determine a rate equation that fits these data.
    -------------------------------------------------
    - Problem #4
    Consider a gas- phase dehydrogenation reaction that occurs at a constant temperature of 1000K.
    RCH2OH (g)---> RCHO (g) + H (g)
    At this temperature, the reaction rate constant is equal to 0 04 lit/(mol mm)
    If the reaction takes place in a constant pressure batch reactor, starting with 90% gaseous RCH2OH and 10% inerts at a pressure of 2 atm, find the time necessary to reach 20% conversion of RCH2OH.
    What would be the conversion after 10 hours in a bomb reactor operating at the same temperature, starting with pure A feed at 5 atm ?
    --------------------------------------------

Problem#5
    The elementary gas-phase reaction A+ B <--> R takes place at 120° C and 1 atm in a mixed flow reactor The feed consists of 20 mol%A, 20% B and the remainder inerts.
    At 120°C, the rate constant for the forward reaction is 5.04 m and that of the reverse reaction is 2.16 hr The flow rate of the feed stream is 0.1 m3/hr.
    Calculate the following:
    a) Equilibrium conversion of B.
    b) Volume of the CSTR necessary to convert 60% of A.
    c) Space time necessary to achieve 60% conversion of A.
    robkelly2242 Posts: 57, Reputation: 0

May 28, 2008, 10:09 PM
    Don't you do any of your own homework?

Not your question? Ask your question View similar questions

Question Tools Search this Question
Search this Question:

Advanced Search

Add your answer here.

Check out some similar questions!

Rate of hydrogen & oxygen mixing at reactor [ 1 Answers ]

liqued hidrogen &liqued oxygen are mixing at reactor L=75cm ; r=60cm ; the product =0.108kg/sec find the oxygen & hydrogen reaction rate??

The foolproof backup batch file! [ 4 Answers ]

Hi, hope this is the right place to ask about windows XP dos batch files. I fix home PCs for a living and want to make a foolproof backup procedure that runs overnight. I want the user to plug in a USB drive Thursday eve and take it away on Friday with the backup files on it. Im using Acronis...

Batch files, add/remove programs check possible? [ 1 Answers ]

Hello, :confused: I am wondering if it is possible to have a batch file check the applications that are installed by checking add/remove programs? Or Maybe there is an easier way to accomplish this check with a batch file? Thanks for all of your time.

Batch File In Dos [ 2 Answers ]

How do I make a batch file in dos that will open a program. I need to name the file S The file is acct\prog\solomon\solomon I have this in one PC but forgot how it create the command.

View more questions Search