Ask Experts Questions for FREE Help !
Ask
    ming Posts: 1, Reputation: 1

Mar 2, 2006, 02:04 AM
    "Service Engine soon light" is on
    Hi,

My car is Buick Lesabra- limited 1992. "Service engine soon" light recent is on. It is scaned a Code 41------ "No camshaft reference signal". A garage guy changed a camshaft sensor for my car, but the light is still on. What else problem is it? How to fix it? Thanks.
    fredg Posts: 4,926, Reputation: 674
    Ultra Member

Mar 2, 2006, 06:33 AM
    Hi,
    I am assuming the garage guy has computer capabilities to check out your system. If he doesn't know what is wrong, then I would suggest another mechanic, one with a good reputation, who can find the problem.
    thebriggsdude Posts: 1,096, Reputation: 53
    Ultra Member

Mar 2, 2006, 11:57 AM
    Computer was reset?
    huskyjjc Posts: 35, Reputation: 3

Mar 5, 2006, 08:33 PM
    The most common thing I see is the camshaft interupter broken . The interupter is a small magnet on the cam gear that the timing chain drives ,when the magnet breaks there is no cam signal the timing cover will have to come off to fix the problem

Not your question? Ask your question View similar questions

Question Tools Search this Question
Search this Question:

Advanced Search

Add your answer here.

Check out some similar questions!

95 Honda Civic "Check Engine" Light [ 15 Answers ]

Hi. Was driving my 95 Honda Civic LX (115000 miles) to work this morning when the Check Engine light came on. Car was not overheating, no obvious problem, oil level fine. Ran all day with no further problem indications, but the Check Engine light stayed on. What is the possible problems?? Note...

1994 Civic - Check Engine "Orange" lamp and Engine revs when idling [ 1 Answers ]

Two questions realting to my Honda Civic ESI - 1994 model. 1) When I turn on the ignition key there is a Check Engine lamp displayed in Orange which is remaining On for progressively longer. Car not be started until this light disappears. Eventually after 3-5 seconds light turns off and engine...

Service engine soon light [ 1 Answers ]

I recently replaced my fuel pump on my 98 GMC Z-71 w/5.4 liter engine. After reconnecting everything; I found the "service engine soon" light on. I never had any trouble with the light until I changed out the fuel pump. Any ideas why?

"Messenger Service"? [ 2 Answers ]

There's this stupid thing on my computer that brings up dialog boxes all the time, it's called "Messenger Service" and it runs on the "csrss" process, which can't be ended because it's a system process. Ad-aware doesn't even notice it, and my AV doesn't either. The messages are all things like...

View more questions Search