Ask Experts Questions for FREE Help !
Ask
    Ablood Posts: 1, Reputation: 1

May 27, 2008, 05:03 AM
    Wireless Networking Printing Woes
    Hi,

I recently acquired several 6510b HP compaq for the office field staff. I have a wireless network using Mac Wireless Basestation and I have configuring PCs using Bonjour settings.

The thing is I jhave tried to configure this new Vista machine but I can't print, ihave tried to search allover and meet several suggestion including using the latest bonjour driver vers 10 but invain I also enabled everything on nertwok settings from printer option to nertwork sharing, ihave set the nertwork as private as some of the forum I visited suggested.

I am connecting them to HP laserjet 4250n which has directly connected to Access Point.( Apple basestation). I have my Windows firewall turned off.

Is anyone with any suggestion how to set this up. I am really start fedding up with this Vista Thing. Wish I couldn't by this much.

Help :confused: :o
    Ablood
    ScottGem Posts: 64,966, Reputation: 6056
    Computer Expert and Renaissance Man

May 27, 2008, 06:05 AM
    Try this:

Install the printer as a LOCAL printer. When the Add printer wizard asks you to select a port select TCP/IP, then add a new port using the IP address of the printer. You will need to install the printer drivers on the PC. That should work.

Not your question? Ask your question View similar questions

Question Tools Search this Question
Search this Question:

Advanced Search

Add your answer here.

Check out some similar questions!

Securing wireless networking [ 1 Answers ]

I just installed a wireless D-Link WBR-1310 to my home system so that I could add my new Toshiba laptop to the network. How can I set the system so that my neighbors don't help themselves to my network? Spoons:) :D

Wireless networking [ 4 Answers ]

Hi I Need To Connect Two Computers Through Wireless Networking They Are 80 Feet Away From Each Other. I Need To Get Into One Computer Through The Other One. Thank You

Printing with internet but not with networking or emails? [ 2 Answers ]

My friend is having Internet connection and also a colour printer but I don't have the printer but having Internet connection. So I want to print from my home to his printer connected computer in a fast way. I know I can use the emails but it is quite long process and disturbing. So what I said...

Wireless networking [ 2 Answers ]

I have two computers set up with a Belkin wireless router.One computer has a Belkin wireless network adapter and the other has Belkin wireless desktop card.Should they both have either Belkin wirelesss cards or Belkin USB network adapters? I want to know why one computer can access files and...

View more questions Search