Ask Experts Questions for FREE Help !
Ask
    pupu Posts: 2, Reputation: 1

Mar 1, 2006, 11:28 PM
    From pupu again
    Thanks very much for all your responses. I feel much better after I read the letters.

Actually My boss did see me and asked me about all the rumors about me. I told him the truth. But he didn't say anything. After that he just pretend nothing happened. He is nice to me and other girls too. I don't know what he is thinking. Perhaps he doesn't care about my feelings as long as all the job was done on time. Perhaps he didn't believe anyone of us. Anyway, I don't think he is going to fire them or protect me. I don't know who I should talk to in this office.

Thanks again.
    Best wishes for all of you

Laura
    fredg Posts: 4,926, Reputation: 674
    Ultra Member

Mar 2, 2006, 06:28 AM
    Hi,
    Pretending that nothing happened means that your Boss isn't holding anything against you, and is just considering the whole thing as "office jealousy"! or "disagreement among office emplyees".
    I was a Manager/Supervisor for many, many years, over 22 employees in a department. If there is an issue with any employee affecting other employees, normally the Boss might talk with the employee(s) causing the problem. Since your Boss hasn't mentioned anything to you about, then it's possible he has talked with some of the others, in confidence, about their behavior. He also wants to put this behind him, and "no news" from him is good.
    Protect you? Protect yourself, and keep doing the good job you are doing. He doesn't want any part of it.
    There is jealousy is many different workplaces in America, and you have to just deal with it; unless it becomes "physical", then you get a lawyer or talk with Human Resources. I do wish you the best of luck.

Not your question? Ask your question View similar questions

Question Tools Search this Question
Search this Question:

Advanced Search

Add your answer here.

View more questions Search