Ask Experts Questions for FREE Help !
Ask
    harmsway4kids Posts: 1, Reputation: 1

May 26, 2008, 08:39 PM
    Urinating in the house
    I have a fifteen year old sheltie and lately she has begun to urinate in the house. She goes outside but the moment she comes back in the house she urinates. They are very large puddles. She doesn't seem to even realize that she is doing something wrong but I don't know what to do. Please help
    bushg Posts: 3,433, Reputation: 596
    Ultra Member

May 26, 2008, 09:18 PM
    I would think that the first thing in order is a trip to the vet.
    spinphoto Posts: 125, Reputation: 7

May 26, 2008, 11:26 PM
    Elderly dogs who urinate in the house is a sign of diabetes.. any other symptoms? Is she drinking water more frequently?
    boredINmind Posts: 87, Reputation: 2

May 26, 2008, 11:31 PM
    I agree on the vet visit, she may have UT blockage and she tries, but it doesn't come out until its too late. Also there might be a problem such as something outside that is bothering her, strange dogs around, grass too high, something that just happened recently. If there's nothing like that wrong, and the vet gives her a good check then I would say she is just getting old and a bit senile. Old age can cause several problems for animals.
    DBmtgprocessor Posts: 37, Reputation: 4

May 27, 2008, 09:14 AM
    Sounds like a UTI.
    spinphoto Posts: 125, Reputation: 7

May 27, 2008, 10:20 AM
    My advice is to take a urine sample and make an appointment with the vet... good luck

Not your question? Ask your question View similar questions

Question Tools Search this Question
Search this Question:

Advanced Search

Check out some similar questions!

Urinating in the house [ 5 Answers ]

Ok this is Shorty Pimps mom. This past Monday I had him fixed because he is marking in the house. Since I brought him home he is still marking what else can I do to stop him from doing this? He is 1 year and 2months old. Can you please advise me on what we can do to stop him? I was told to gethim...

Adult dog urinating in house [ 1 Answers ]

We recently adopted a Siberian Husky from a shelter. They don't know if he's housebroken. He's walked in the morning and is let out in the yard during the day. He's then walked at dinner time and bed time. In spite of that, he urinates and poops in our bedroom (although he has urinated in...

Female dog suddenly urinating in the house [ 1 Answers ]

I adopted a 4 yr old female beagle approx 4 months ago. She had been a strickly outside dog but now she's inside and since bringing her to my house, she's always done her business outside with no direction from me. Just recently she started urinating (no defecating) on the pergo floor on the way to...

Dogs urinating in the house at night [ 4 Answers ]

I have 2 dogs 8 yrs old that urinate in the house at Night. They have a doggie door and they use it all the Time during the day. I can never catch them urinating. I rub their noses in it after the fact. But it does no good. Please help!

My dog is urinating inside the house [ 1 Answers ]

Hello, We have a 1 1/2 years old labrador retriever. We have him since we were a 4 months puppy. He started his training when he was 8 months. He is a good dog but he has some behaivor problems. Over the last couple of months he has been urinating in some specific places in the house, like...

View more questions Search