Ask Experts Questions for FREE Help !
Ask
    jbsbenson Posts: 5, Reputation: 1

May 26, 2008, 10:47 AM
    Outside patio
    We are going to put a patio consisting of a brick edge border, with some pavers and gravel. It is next to the sidewalk, so should we dig down, so our bricks are flush with the side walk.
    When we do get the dirt to the proper level, how should we prep the ground for the bricks and pavers.
    Any idea, websites, pics would be helpful

Thanks
    ballengerb1 Posts: 27,378, Reputation: 2280
    Home Repair & Remodeling Expert

May 27, 2008, 08:59 AM
    You should dig down at least 8" and do not use any soil to help level the space. You can remove soil but do not add any back. Use limestone screenings or coarse sand to fill and level the area, add your brick, right to the level of the sidewalk.

Not your question? Ask your question View similar questions

Question Tools Search this Question
Search this Question:

Advanced Search

Add your answer here.

Check out some similar questions!

Patio repair [ 2 Answers ]

We have just replaced the original wood expansion joints in an exposed aggregate patio with new pressure treated pine 2 x 4's. All was well for the first day or so, but today they were beginning to warp. How should the boards, which are placed vertically on the 2" side, be made to remain flat? As...

Covered patio [ 1 Answers ]

I have been wanting to do a covered area of around part of my pool for sometime now. My backyard is quite small - the pool deck starts at the house and ends at the back fence. This will require me to put my posts on my pool deck. It is a cool deck (I think that's the right kind), it looks kind...

Concrete Patio [ 1 Answers ]

I would like to build a concrete paver patio in my yard. The problem is the septic tank cover will be in the middle of the patio. It will be raised about 1 inch above the patio pavers. I would like to build the patio over it but construct something that would allow easy access to the cover. ...

Concrete patio [ 3 Answers ]

How much is concrete going for these days? We want to add a patio and possibly a room addition.

Patio questions [ 2 Answers ]

Hi there, we are about to rebuild our patio. Can anyone tell me how far apart one should place their 4x4 posts. I have a good grasp about the rest, but no info on support posts. thanks and look forward to your responses.

View more questions Search