Ask Experts Questions for FREE Help !
Ask
    Aila Posts: 1, Reputation: 1

May 26, 2008, 08:40 AM
    Natural Red Hair Dyed Purple by Mistake
    So I'm a natural red head, but in December I dyed my hair black and then got it professionally bleached blonde, then dyed red. I was really happy with it, and then recently I tried to update it, by dying it a darker red. "Deep Red" by Herbal Essences. The dye has turned my roots pinky-purple, and my hair is a violet red tone and is absolutely horrendous! What the heck can I do? I don't want to redye it, but nowhere in my town can you buy color remover... is there a certain shampoo I should use? Also, I'm broke so a cheap option would be best...

Thanks!
    PunkChic Posts: 986, Reputation: 51

May 26, 2008, 12:49 PM
    You could bleach it out and apply another colour on top.

Or

Use a deep cleansing shampoo. Pantene have one. And some members on here have claimed head & shoulders helped fade out some of their colour so you could give that a try.
    KatieSchreck248 Posts: 1, Reputation: 1

Jan 16, 2011, 05:01 PM
    I'm a red head, and the same thing happened to me.I dyed it black,got hair color remover, bleached it, and dyed it red (and it turned a violety/pupley color). Here they have hair color remover at Rite Aid and WalMart, so try those places first. If not then I would suggest to try dyeing it a light red over that color and letting it grow out. Mine right now is a really dark red/brown underneath, tanish on the top, and my natural red on the roots. Ive had to just let it grow out. I would suggest bleaching it, but everyone's hair reacts differently to bleach, so unless you know your hair won't melt off, then I wouldn't bleach it. The Healthiest way would be to let it grow out for month or so and give it time to face a bit then try dyeing it. But if its light enough now then try dyeing it now. This probably hasn't helped though. But here you go...

Not your question? Ask your question View similar questions

Question Tools Search this Question
Search this Question:

Advanced Search

Add your answer here.

Check out some similar questions!

Advise: dyed hair went dark brown/purple [ 2 Answers ]

Hi I recently bleached my hair platinum blonde from an ash brown. This stage all went well. Eventually I just got sick of it after a couple of months. After reading some advice on getting it back to a brown colour, I bought 2 dyes to step it back in 2 stages. Stage 1. A red dye. Stage 2. A...

Dyed hair brown, natural is sandy blonde, want it back. HELP! [ 3 Answers ]

Hey to anyone interested in helping me, I'm a natural sandy blonde, and I wanted a change so I dyed my hair brown from a box. It turned out very natural and I don't mind the color but I'd like a change. I want to go back to my original color and then dye it lighter, like with very blonde...

Dyed my hair black, BIG MISTAKE! [ 1 Answers ]

Ok, so my natural hair color is brown, kind of boring. I dyed it black like 3 days ago, and I HATE IT!! I want to know how to get it a different color, without paying an arm and a leg, I'm a poor college student.

Dyed my hair and it has turned purple what do I do [ 2 Answers ]

I have dyed my hair and it has turned purple what do I do

View more questions Search