Ask Experts Questions for FREE Help !
Ask
    jakesmom1013 Posts: 2, Reputation: 1

May 26, 2008, 08:29 AM
    Craftsman tractor won't start
    We purchased a rebuilt craftsman tractor 1996 model # 917255470 (I think) from a friend's dad. We've used it about 6 times and now it won't start. It'll crank and crank but not turn over. We've changed the battery... it's not that. We've changed the starter... it's not that. Any ideas??
    ballengerb1 Posts: 27,378, Reputation: 2280
    Home Repair & Remodeling Expert

May 27, 2008, 12:29 PM
    Cranking and turning over are the same thing so we need to get our words correct. When you turn the key does the starter engage and cause the engine to crank, turn but not start?
    MOWERMAN2468 Posts: 3,214, Reputation: 243
    Ultra Member

May 27, 2008, 06:59 PM
    Awaiting a reply from jakesmom1013.
    jakesmom1013 Posts: 2, Reputation: 1

May 28, 2008, 04:33 PM
    When my husband turns the key, the tractor is completely dead. (Solonoid maybe?)When he jumps the battery from the starter, the starter motor wheel cranks but the engine won't start. (Sorry it took so long to reply)

Not your question? Ask your question View similar questions

Question Tools Search this Question
Search this Question:

Advanced Search

Add your answer here.

Check out some similar questions!

Craftsman Tractor won't start. [ 1 Answers ]

I bought a Craftsman lawn Tractor 24HP, 42" Mower Electric Start Model No. 917.287251. Used it last summer with no problems. Ran it out of gas at the end of season last year so it was empty all winter. Tried to use it this year and nothing. Turned the key and got nothing. Replaced the battery and...

Craftsman lawn tractor-won't start [ 2 Answers ]

Hello, I have a Craftsman lawn tractor (model 917.271050), 15.5 HP engine. I am having problems getting it started. Here is what I have done so far: --new battery and battery was checked to see if it had full charge -- new ignition switch -- new solenoid

Craftsman Tractor will not start [ 1 Answers ]

My tractor will not start. I have a 19.5 horsepower tractor that is about 6 years old. I need to drain the gas tank. I think used 91 octane instead of 89. DO you think draining the tank and putting the appropriate octane gas will fix the problem. How do I drain the tank and where can I get a owners...

Craftsman lawn tractor won't start [ 2 Answers ]

I have a LT 2000 lawn tractor,3 years old I cut it off and it won't do anything, no noise when ignition switch is turned on I have 12 volts to the solenoid, I replaced the solenoid, still does not do anything Please help

View more questions Search