Ask Experts Questions for FREE Help !
Ask
    magprob Posts: 1,877, Reputation: 300
    Ultra Member

Mar 1, 2006, 02:24 PM
    The Old Hag
    Next question: I have a lot of them so please bear with me. Has anyone out there ever been awakened in the night to find an ugly old hag standing over you and you were suffing from sleep paralysis during the experience?
    cutiie Posts: 19, Reputation: 3

Mar 16, 2006, 05:53 PM
    There is a web site go to Wikipedia.org sleep paralysis,You will find your answer about the old hag you dream of ,it is real and she has exsisted for hundreds of years,I hope this helps, it helped me.
    orange Posts: 1,364, Reputation: 197
    Ultra Member

Mar 16, 2006, 09:32 PM
    Ewww... creepy magprob! I didn't know what this was, but I've also had something similar to this. I dream of an old lady either sitting on my bed or standing over me. Sometimes she also whispers in my ear. It's like I know I'm sleeping and can't wake up, or I feel awake and can't move. It's terrifying. I never knew other people had this as well, especially the old hag part! Thanks to you too cutiie for the link!
    katrina27 Posts: 92, Reputation: 13

Feb 16, 2008, 03:32 PM
    Yes I have awoken to what I alsways call the witch/hag. She sits on me. And the room goes icy cold. When I get my arms eventually to move she is gone, before she arrives I here voices all around the room, I can't move, I am frozen.
    I always know when this will happen. I'm dreaming and I see spiders and snakes etc in my dream. Then I wake and am frozen, and the rest happens.
    I also sometimes experience it as a powerful man, who seems to threaten me almost sexually. He is extremely scary. I get out of it screaming.
    I have my husband trained to shake me awake if he here's even little moans out of me.
    N0help4u Posts: 19,823, Reputation: 2035
    Uber Member

Feb 17, 2008, 04:35 PM
    They use to get calls on coast to coast all the time about seeing the old hag. Mostly truck drivers.

The 'Old Hag" Syndrome

COAST TO COAST AM WITH GEORGE NOORY: SHOWS
    In Sorrow Posts: 82, Reputation: 5

Sep 6, 2008, 08:37 PM
    Ahh this is something I have experienced all of my life, ever since I was a child, going to a teenager and even in my 20's age, it lessened in my 30's, and pratically never happenes now. But I always had this thing on top of me in my sleep, I could not open my eyes as she made me paralized and unable to move. But I felt the squeezing, and the pinching and it was horrible, I was even afraid to go back to sleep once I woke up. But I have always been attacked by the Old Hag ever since childhood, but thank goodness I never saw her.
    brittykitty Posts: 76, Reputation: 2

Oct 2, 2008, 07:37 AM
    Quote Originally Posted by katrina27 View Post
    yes i have awoken to what i alsways call the witch/hag. she sits on me. and the room goes icy cold. when i get my arms eventually to move she is gone, before she arrives i here voices all around the room, i can't move, i am frozen.
    i always know when this will happen. im dreaming and i see spiders and snakes etc in my dream. then i wake and am frozen, and the rest happens.
    i also sometimes experience it as a powerful man, who seems to threaten me almost sexually. he is extremely scary. i get out of it screaming.
    i have my husband trained to shake me awake if he heres even little moans out of me.
    I have my boyfriend trained too lol he says when I whisper his name (only thing I can get out slightly) he shakes me. He says it sounds like I'm possessed or something when I say his name because I can't move my face muscles to make it sound normal
    ginamichelle Posts: 1, Reputation: 1

Jul 26, 2010, 10:41 AM
    Just yesterday, I laid down for a nap around noon. I was laying on my back sleeping and I started hearing things on my dresser moving around and heard footsteps coming toward my bed. I tried to open my eyes but couldn't. I couldn't move by body or even open my eyes. The footsteps stopped right beside my bed. I gathered all of my strength and was able to open my eyes enough to see a woman leaning over toward me and she laid her upper body on my chest and whispered, "Hello Honey." I was terrified. Her face was a black hole, no features, and she had black stringy hair. I tried my hardest to wake up but couldn't. She stood back up and I heard her footsteps walking away and then I started hearing things moving around again on my dresser. I tried to call for my boyfriend, but no sound would come out. I fell back to sleep and a few minutes later, the whole episode took place again, exactly as it happened the first time. Finally after what felt like an hour, I took a deep beath and woke myself up. Last night I was so scared to fall asleep, I slept with my Bible under my pillow
    Hexxie Posts: 152, Reputation: 12

Jul 26, 2010, 12:12 PM

I personally have never experienced the Old Hag, but have had a couple of clients who have. I am aware of the medical explanation and I must say I find it baffling. Especially, that there are so many who describe a hag along with the paralysis.
    Kitkat22 Posts: 6,302, Reputation: 1191
    Uber Member

Jul 27, 2010, 06:35 PM

I saw an old hag once many years ago... no wait... that was my ex mother in law... Sorry
    martinizing2 Posts: 1,868, Reputation: 819
    Expert

Jul 27, 2010, 09:37 PM

It is very strange that so many have had such similar experiences.
    Life is filled with things we may never understand. Here is another link that may help

Sleep paralysis - Wikipedia, the free encyclopedia
    Kitkat22 Posts: 6,302, Reputation: 1191
    Uber Member

Jul 27, 2010, 09:41 PM
    Quote Originally Posted by martinizing2 View Post
    It is very strange that so many have had such similar experiences.
    Life is filled with things we may never understand. here is another link that may help

Sleep paralysis - Wikipedia, the free encyclopedia
    It's all the hype on TV. Hauntings and Ghost Hunters. I agree with MartyZ... but I do not believe in any spirit except the Holy Spirit.

Not your question? Ask your question View similar questions

Question Tools Search this Question
Search this Question:

Advanced Search

Add your answer here.

View more questions Search