Ask Experts Questions for FREE Help !
Ask
    lthiessen80 Posts: 3, Reputation: 1

May 25, 2008, 07:42 PM
    Formatting individual text boxes in a locked document
    Text boxes in a locked document.

I am wondering if you can change the color and size if the font in an inserted text box in a locked document. I am creating a form to be filled online and having trouble changing the color and size. I have not been able to find help in Word either. I would like to have this document completed by June 1, 2008.

Thanks.
    Clough Posts: 26,677, Reputation: 1649
    Uber Member

May 26, 2008, 12:50 AM
    (Question moved from Introductions to more appropriate topic area in order to get the most exposure to those best able to answer the question. Introductions is for people to introduce themselves and we try to not ask questions in that area. Thank you!)
    ScottGem Posts: 64,966, Reputation: 6056
    Computer Expert and Renaissance Man

May 26, 2008, 05:42 AM
    You have to unlock the document first, then relock it.

May 26, 2008, 09:54 AM
    Thank you Clough for moving my question. I am new so I wasn't sure how to place the question under the appropriate category. I followed the instructions but the box for asking a question wasn't there.

Thank you Scott for your response as well. I have tried this. I have been in the unlocked document and gone the font section of the text box and save it as blue. After I lock the document either the changes didn't apply or it is not an option to do this. Have you ever done this before?

May 26, 2008, 03:42 PM
    If you want you can zip and attach the document to a post here, incluing the password for unlocking it and we can try it out.

Jun 9, 2008, 11:49 AM
    If you are still willing to help me could you email me since I am not sure how to post to this website.

Thanks ScottGem.

Lindsay

Jun 9, 2008, 12:00 PM
    You are doing fine posting here. Try using the Go Advanced button to get to where you can attach a file.

Not your question? Ask your question View similar questions

Question Tools Search this Question
Search this Question:

Advanced Search

Add your answer here.

Check out some similar questions!

Word Document Locked [ 2 Answers ]

My Microsoft Word document is loocked. The message at the bottom of the document says, "This command is not available because the document is locked for edit." Please help me.

Disappearing Text Boxes in Excel Bar Chart [ 7 Answers ]

I have been working on this large horizontal bar chart. It has about 100 items to show as bars of different sizes, and requires 100 text boxes for comments. I HAVE A PROBLEM WITH TEXT BOXES BECAUSE THEY DISAPPEAR CONTINUALLY. If I click the area where a text box is, then it comes back. But I...

Scanning text into a Word XP document [ 4 Answers ]

My professor needs to have her published economics instructor's manual scanned into a Word document . What scanner and software is capable of doing this? The office has an old HP ScanJet 4C flatbed scanner. Thanks.

View more questions Search