Ask Experts Questions for FREE Help !
Ask
    1281wjm Posts: 1, Reputation: 1

May 25, 2008, 06:58 PM
    Who is Emile LeComte?
    He painted "Viewx logis en Bourgogne" (etchings and water colors) Can you give me his history and value of the painting? 1281wjm
    Clough Posts: 26,677, Reputation: 1649
    Uber Member

May 29, 2008, 03:13 AM
    Are you sure of the spelling of the last name? There is more than one LeCompte or LeComte who was an artist.

Also, are there any other markings, symbols, letters or names on this painting or the frame? Like maybe an "SZL" anywhere?

Thanks!

Not your question? Ask your question View similar questions

Question Tools Search this Question
Search this Question:

Advanced Search

Add your answer here.

Check out some similar questions!

Paul Emile Lecomte [ 1 Answers ]

I have a Paul Emile Lecomte painting called Maisons Du Jardins. Can anyone tell me anything about this picture and or this artist?

Etching by Paul Emile Lecomte [ 1 Answers ]

I have an original etching by paul emile lecomte, "Pont sur la Neve" (Brige onteh Neve River). Does anyone know anything about this? Thank you.

Etching by Paul Emile Lecomte [ 1 Answers ]

I have just purchased an etching by Paul Emile Lecomte. It is titled Old house in Bourgogne France. It has a Label on the back from Paris Etching Society. It also has 3 script initials, S,Z,and L in a circle on that label. The label states it is a genuine etching by Lecomte. I was inquiring on...

Paul Emile Lecomte [ 1 Answers ]

I have found value from a couple of galleries of his oil paintings however have been unable to find an estimated value of his etching watercolors. I have two. One is artist's proof pencil signed by artist w/ name of painting and the other is #5 Paris Etching Society w/o copyright date also signed...

View more questions Search