Ask Experts Questions for FREE Help !
Ask
    unclejohnny Posts: 70, Reputation: 2

Mar 1, 2006, 01:39 PM
    Need Drivers
    I am putting WIN ME on my computer and I have looked everywhere for the drivers for the Creative Labs CT4740 sound card and the Lite-On XJ-HD166s DVD/CD ROM drive. Does anyone know where I can download these drivers? I have done a Google search, went to manufacturers websites, and even to driver download websites. Is there anywhere else? Thank you very much!
    Tommyp!972 Posts: 300, Reputation: 36

Mar 5, 2006, 03:57 AM
    The dvd rom doesn't need a driver as far as I know but here is link for your sound
    http://www.soundcard-drivers.com/drivers/156/156070.htm
    fredg Posts: 4,926, Reputation: 674
    Ultra Member

Mar 5, 2006, 06:33 AM
    Hi,
    As your previous answer stated, the DVD-ROM shouldn't need any extra drivers. WinME should already have the drivers for it, and recognize it.
    Here is a link where I got this information:
    http://www.techtastic.ca/reviews/liteon16xdvd.html
    I do wish you the best of luck.
    ScottGem Posts: 64,966, Reputation: 6056
    Computer Expert and Renaissance Man

Mar 5, 2006, 08:50 AM
    Frankly I would NOT put Win ME on any machine. Windows Millennium is generally considered the worst version of Windows Microsoft has ever released. If you want to put a Win 9x version on it then use Win 98 SE instead.
    fredg Posts: 4,926, Reputation: 674
    Ultra Member

Mar 5, 2006, 08:56 AM
    Hi,
    I do agree with not using Windows ME, but if that is all you can get, then hopefully it will work for you. Not many at all use ME anymore. I have known some who still use it, and they call me almost every month, wanting to know what to do, and how to solve issues that keep coming up.
    Best of luck.
    unclejohnny Posts: 70, Reputation: 2

Mar 6, 2006, 01:44 PM
    I got it loaded and the games play OK. The only game I ever had trouble with is Interplay's "Star Trek: Starfleet Command Gold Edition", and the game still won't play. I have a Cirrus Logic PCI128 Compatible Graphics Adapter, a Creative Labs CT4740 sound card and the Lite-On 16x DVD/CD ROM. The game installs fine, but when I go to play it, it gets to the main title screen and quits. Win ME got the game to go that far, but I can't get it any further.
    Tommyp!972 Posts: 300, Reputation: 36

Mar 6, 2006, 06:24 PM
    I think this forum... https://www.askmehelpdesk.com/forumdisplay.php?f=135
    Can help you with that problem.. good luck.. TommyP:)

Not your question? Ask your question View similar questions

Question Tools Search this Question
Search this Question:

Advanced Search

Add your answer here.

Check out some similar questions!

Drivers license [ 10 Answers ]

I have been told it is illegal to photo copy a driver's license. Is this true? home owner LA CA

Device drivers [ 1 Answers ]

Hi, I have a few questions related to device drivers and Input/Output: Q1: What is a "bus header"? (for example there are USB bus headers and PCI bus headers) Q2: Consider the instruction set of a microprocessor - consider the OUT instruction which sends some data over a bus to a specified...

Need Drivers [ 2 Answers ]

Ok I've formated this HD and now I need drivers and IDK where to get them. Preffably ones that don't cost me money (cuz I have none) I looked at several site and most want money, they don't have it of IDK what the heck I'm looking for. So any help would be greatly apreciated =) Need drivers for:...

Multimedia drivers [ 1 Answers ]

I lost my multimedia drivers after my first f disk I have no sound and I can't play dvds some video codec? Help I have a laptop

View more questions Search