Ask Experts Questions for FREE Help !
Ask
    skittlefrittle Posts: 29, Reputation: 5

May 25, 2008, 03:57 PM
    Parents possibly relationship killers?
    My boyfriend and I are taking a break-up to see other people, but his parents have always from the beginning been wanting him to be the big guy on campus and see many girls etc. His dad used to be a stud when he was younger, and is probably the most accurate picture of stereotypical masculinity, and his mom wants her son to be popular. He can't be all these things they want because he is with me, so every time we had a small fight he would TELL THEM which would magically move his logic from 'lets work this out' to 'we HAVE to break up' seemingly overnight.

What is the deal with these parents and is this a common phenomena?? Do you think he will eventually realize he needs to keep his parents away from his buisiness and have a mind of his own?

He tells his parents EVORAYYYTHAAANG.
    jrsg Posts: 560, Reputation: 67

May 25, 2008, 04:41 PM
    I think he won't realize he needs to keep his parents out unless you tell him. He may get mad, but you've got nothing to loose if he is going to break up with you after a little fight.

His parents do sound like controlling a**holes though.
    mrchef1110 Posts: 62, Reputation: 8

May 25, 2008, 04:46 PM
    He sounds young. I did that in my first almost relationship and it fell to bits and hurt me for a good many years after that. He might have to do that for himself and realize that no one else can tell you to be happy you have to find that for yourself. That is something that people have to learn as they grow up. In the mean time it depends on if you think he will listen to his parents or not. If he does start NC and begin healing and if he doesn't you get what you want.
    talaniman Posts: 54,325, Reputation: 10855
    Expert

May 26, 2008, 07:41 AM
    You chose him so accept who and what he is, or move on.

Not your question? Ask your question View similar questions

Question Tools Search this Question
Search this Question:

Advanced Search

Check out some similar questions!

Six year relationship (possibly) ending [ 7 Answers ]

My girlfriend and I have been together for six years now. Since we were juniors in high school we have been together through good times and bad. I only had one girlfriend before her and she has never had another serious boyfriend. Now I am a senior in college about to graduate in a month. She is in...

Possibly ending a long relationship [ 5 Answers ]

I am 16 and have been dating my girlfriend for about 8 monthes. The last couple monthes, I have been feeling bored in our relationship. I don't find myself as attracted to her, I don't make as much effort to be with her as I did, and I find myself constantly thinking about ending the relationship....

Pain killers [ 1 Answers ]

How long do pain killers stay in your system?

Possibly infertile but possibly pregnant! [ 1 Answers ]

Hi the thing is I have been told that I might not be able to have children! But now I have had unprtected sex for 2 months now I isn't missed ma period yet but my boobs really hurt that much I can't take my bra off plus they are darker round my nipple and I keep getting light twinges of cramp...

View more questions Search