Ask Experts Questions for FREE Help !
Ask
    oforce Posts: 1, Reputation: 1

May 25, 2008, 01:32 PM
    Lien on rental home
    If a county, tax collector's office, puts a lien on a rental home for failure to pay property taxes and sewer bill. What can happen to me, the tenant? Should I start looking for a new place to live?
    Fr_Chuck Posts: 81,301, Reputation: 7692
    Expert

May 25, 2008, 03:59 PM
    No, most likely it will be a couple of years before the home would go up for sale over taxes. And then if there is a mortgage on the home, normally the lien holder will pay the taxes long before they are sold for taxes.
    ** you can call and ask the tax department their procedure on this.

Not your question? Ask your question View similar questions

Question Tools Search this Question
Search this Question:

Advanced Search

Add your answer here.

Check out some similar questions!

Lien on a home [ 2 Answers ]

My fiancé owns a home in the state of New York. The mortgage is in his name only. His brother lives in this home and pays rent. His brother's wife has put a lien on the home for $25,000.00 which is part of the divorce agreement with his brother and once my fiancé sells the home she will get...

Home lien [ 2 Answers ]

How to file a home lien? Do I need an attorney

Lien on my home [ 2 Answers ]

A plumber did some work in a bathroom. The new marble counter was scratched when his worker installed a faucet. The plumber left a bill. I had told him about the scratches and I was in the process of finding someone reputable to fix the marred surface. He left a message on my phone telling me...

A lien on my home from a creditor. [ 4 Answers ]

My son in law has a lien on his home from a collection company concerning a credit card that he cannot pay. Can the collection company collect once he sells his home. Or is this a scare tactic. By the way, this is happening in Florida. Thank you. fgabrams

Lien on a Home [ 2 Answers ]

How do I file a lien against someone's home for an unpaid personal loan?

View more questions Search