Ask Experts Questions for FREE Help !
Ask
    jchoo Posts: 69, Reputation: 2

May 25, 2008, 10:11 AM
    Addition to house
    How does one attach a addition to a existing house at the back ?
    BigRed1500 Posts: 70, Reputation: 8

Jun 5, 2008, 07:06 AM
    Simple - you just nail it on.

Seriously, you need so much more information here. What's the framing of the existing house, what's in the walls that need to be removed - electrical, plumbing, hvac? Not to mention that you need some sort of a foundation or slab for the addition, framing, sheathing, roofing, siding, and a host of other issues.

You need to first talk with an engineer or architect, then your building department, finally a builder who can do this for you.
    ballengerb1 Posts: 27,378, Reputation: 2280
    Home Repair & Remodeling Expert

Jun 5, 2008, 09:21 AM
    Agreed, we need to know about the existing structure and foundation and what you plan for the addition. If you are on a slb you don't actually make a mechanical connection of the slabs, they butt each other but float each on their own.

Not your question? Ask your question View similar questions

Question Tools Search this Question
Search this Question:

Advanced Search

Add your answer here.

Check out some similar questions!

Addition Using Exponents [ 4 Answers ]

(-2)^4 + (3)^-1=??

Addition to title on house [ 0 Answers ]

Hi everybody! I own my home with my sister but wanted to add my brother onto the title. Can I do this online, or can anyone recommend a title company that is ethical? Thanks! Julia

Subpanel for Addition [ 3 Answers ]

My house currently has a 200 amp Service Drop in the rear exterior which includes the 150amp Main breaker. THis supplies a 200amp Breaker box in the garage using 2 awg copper, 40 ft away (two open breakers). We are in the last stages of weathering in a 1000 sq ft addition. I would like to...

View more questions Search