Ask Experts Questions for FREE Help !
Ask
    zazachic Posts: 1, Reputation: 1

May 25, 2008, 06:44 AM
    Can they levy a corporate account if the judgment is personal
    They levied my personal bank account. It is a credit card judgment, can they also levy my corporate account? Logic dictates that they can not because it is a separate entity. We all know that logic is for idiots so that's why I am inquiring. Thank you.
    George_1950 Posts: 3,099, Reputation: 236
    Ultra Member

May 25, 2008, 06:57 AM
    The corporate assets, including checking accounts, are separate from your personal debts. But beware of using the corporate accounts in a personal manner; if you do that, the creditor can 'pierce the corporate veil' and get into the corporation's assets. So continue to pay yourself and cash the check somewhere, or open a new personal checking account that the creditor will not be aware of; of course the creditor can always follow you around to discover where you may be banking.

Not your question? Ask your question View similar questions

Question Tools Search this Question
Search this Question:

Advanced Search

Add your answer here.

Check out some similar questions!

Business bank accounts/assets vs. Personal judgment [ 6 Answers ]

Hi, first time here... I have an LLC in Florida, can my business bank account be frozen or seized and can they take my equipment and business assets? I also have a sole proprietorship but this business doesn't have much going for it at the moment - is it at risk? I have a large judgment I am...

Levy on bank account after making payments on judgment [ 4 Answers ]

We had a lawsuit against our landlord in late January resulting in a judgment against us. We have made payments to the landlord since the judgment for two months now and sent payment as recently as last week and have receipt. I tried to use my account yesterday and all 3 accounts (personal,...

Bank Account Levy, joint account [ 1 Answers ]

Today, a levy was placed on the joint account of myself and my wife, for a debt she had from a credit card company. Once I found out, I called her and had her call the lawyer, who then told her to dispute it, she would have to send a certified letter to the court, as well as the plaintiff, as to...

Judgment & Bank Account Levy [ 2 Answers ]

Hello, My bank account has been frozen by a collection agency/lawfirm that received a default judgment for $2,700. The original debt will be 10 years old this October. I will be going over to the Civil court and file a "Motion to vacate judgment" on the grounds I never received the court...

View more questions Search