Ask Experts Questions for FREE Help !
Ask
    Andrew2913 Posts: 5, Reputation: 1

May 25, 2008, 05:45 AM
    What is meaning of "semaphore timeout" message
    Thanks to seahwk83 I now have an external drive that is now recognised by my computer. The follow on problem is that I cannot get into it. It is there within 'my computer' but when I try to access the local drive, the computer displays a dialogue box saying - "J:/ is not accessible The Semaphore time out period has expired" What does this message mean?

I do not know this is related but I was running a full systems virus scan (Nortons 2008) which also timed out.
    seahwk83 Posts: 3,276, Reputation: 212
    Ultra Member

May 25, 2008, 09:01 AM
    See this link for info, hopefully it will help with error, if not post back with as much info as possible
    Advanced network adapter troubleshooting for Windows workstations

You mentinoed the drive is seen as J drive, is this correct, should it be J drive or should it be another drive letter

If this is not the correct drive letter or should be another dirve letter, see this link
    How to change drive letter assignments in Windows XP

If it is not the right drive letter, see 2nd link first to see if the drive letter can be corrected and then check to see if you can acces the drive and info on it

Not your question? Ask your question View similar questions

Question Tools Search this Question
Search this Question:

Advanced Search

Add your answer here.

Check out some similar questions!

Meaning of "MXVII" in Cube 2 Hypercube [ 4 Answers ]

So I know that in Roman Numerals it stands for 1017. The numeral appears multiple times throughout the movie but there is never any clear indication of it's significance. I am not sure but it might have something to do with 60659 wich was another number central to the plot. Any thoughts?

Can't Get Past "Password "Login" Message. [ 2 Answers ]

Hi I have been given a Compac notebook from a friend who hasn't used it in a few years. The problem I have is that I turn it on but I get the "Password Login" message... and of course the password has been long forgotten... I inserted a windows 2000 disk which it appears but still persists...

""fAIL"" error message [ 2 Answers ]

My dad and mom have a Windows XP administrator account, and then mine is below theres… ? Everytime I log on to my account, an error window that says “fAIL” (typed like that) pops up. Whats goin on?

In "The Syringa Tree" : meaning of white spots on fingers [ 1 Answers ]

What is folkyore meaning of the cresents or white spots on fingers

Meaning of phrase "in-house vendor" ? [ 2 Answers ]

Hi all, I noticed the following phrase on some newspaper: "in-house vendor". I'm not an English, and I have look for these words in the dictionary. The dictionaries tell me that "in-house" means make by ourselves Vendor means someone who selling something But, what is the whole phrase...

View more questions Search