Ask Experts Questions for FREE Help !
Ask
    emmaiscalling Posts: 4, Reputation: 1

May 25, 2008, 03:48 AM
    What different teaching techniques you would use to teach a group of complete beginners in the target language?

What activities would you use in the class to carry out appropriate needs analysis?

How would you establish learning targets for the students?

What activities would you use with a mixed ability class?

What activities would you use with a mixed ability class?
    Clough Posts: 26,677, Reputation: 1649
    Uber Member

May 25, 2008, 04:19 AM
    Are these physical activities or other specific academic subjects about which you are asking? Also, what is the age range of the students? It would be helpful for us to help you the best if we could have just a little more information. Thanks!
    Clough Posts: 26,677, Reputation: 1649
    Uber Member

May 25, 2008, 04:27 AM
    Are you asking homework questions here? If so, then you need to read the information on the following link first. Thanks!

https://www.askmehelpdesk.com/math-s...-b-u-font.html
    DoulaLC Posts: 10,488, Reputation: 1952
    Uber Member

May 25, 2008, 04:43 AM
    Quote Originally Posted by emmaiscalling
    What activities would you use in the class to carry out appropriate needs analysis?

I'd start with having a good understanding of what the objectives are for the program, or if there are any specific curriculum requirements to be met. You can likely gather much information from general conversations... getting an idea of vocabulary strengths and weaknesses, verbal and written comprehension, etc.. Depending on the grade level, you might find language/reading games appropriate.

May 25, 2008, 10:56 AM
    Quote Originally Posted by Clough
    Are these physical activities or other specific academic subjects about which you are asking? Also, what is the age range of the students? It would be helpful for us to help you the best if we could have just a little more information. Thanks!

Hi there,
    I asked this question referring to teaching students (any age) a second language.
    J_9 Posts: 40,298, Reputation: 5646
    Expert

May 25, 2008, 10:57 AM
    Is this homework?

May 25, 2008, 10:58 AM
    Quote Originally Posted by Clough
    Are you asking homework questions here? If so, then you need to read the information on the following link first. Thanks!

https://www.askmehelpdesk.com/math-s...-b-u-font.html

No this is not an homework question. I asked this question in referring to teaching a second language. I don't have any experience in teaching students a second language and I was wondering what different teaching techniques you would use to teach a group of complete beginner to intermediate
    DoulaLC Posts: 10,488, Reputation: 1952
    Uber Member

May 25, 2008, 11:13 AM
    Quote Originally Posted by emmaiscalling
    Hi there,
    I asked this question refering to teaching students (any age) a second language.
    First determine what they already know and what you want them to learn. If it is for conversational ability, you might want to use as many of the common words they already know in your day to day dialogue so they hear it frequently. Can help to have environmental words displayed around the room of common items... for example, if they were learning Spanish, you might have the appropriate items labled: ventana-window, puerta-door, libros-books, etc. Find simple games in that language, easy DVDs or videos... can help to be familiar stories but presented in the new language. The more opportunities they have to hear, see, and speak the language day to day the better obviously. A listening type center so that they can hear and read the language with simple books of common words and phrases, record themselves, and listen back to it can be helpful as well.

Not your question? Ask your question View similar questions

Question Tools Search this Question
Search this Question:

Advanced Search

Add your answer here.

Check out some similar questions!

Group - A & Group-T shares [ 2 Answers ]

Hi, I just want to know what are Group-A shares & Group-T shares and what we mean by that. On what basis this groupings are done

Techniques for pull ups [ 4 Answers ]

I'm a wrestler and I play sports year round but I can't seem to do more than 10 pull ups at a time I was hoping to be able to get around 25 :)

Brainstorming techniques [ 1 Answers ]

How can you narrow your topic to a single spoke or to a sub-header of a spoke on the map?

Brainstorming Techniques [ 1 Answers ]

If I narrow my topic for an Essay by narrowing my topic to a single spoke or a sub-header on a linear map, how does this type of prewriting activity prepare me for outlining?

View more questions Search