Ask Experts Questions for FREE Help !
Ask
    cathya93 Posts: 1, Reputation: 1

May 25, 2008, 02:57 AM
    Puppy bitting himself
    This Is My First Question, I've Asked On This Site. My 10 Moth Old Puppy Has Been Bitting Himself So Much. He Is On A Monthly Heart Worm And Flea Control. Could He Still Get Fleas?? Or Is This Normal. Should I Take Him To The Vet??
    1lastkissb4ugo Posts: 30, Reputation: -1

May 25, 2008, 07:35 AM
    Just to be sure yes, you should take him to a vet beacause that is not normal. And you could buy a flea kit just to be sure. If my answer was helpful please rate my answer, good luck.
    bushg Posts: 3,433, Reputation: 596
    Ultra Member

May 25, 2008, 07:50 AM
    Mine was on frontline and still had fleas so bad. The vets just said that our area had been hit really hard.
    Combing and bombing and treating the yard helped the problem.
    Turn your dog on his back and see if he has brown flecks on his stomach and around the inside of his hind legs also on his tail at the base you will probably find flea dirt.
    Most stores carry fine toothed flea combs a great tool for under 3 bucks.

If his skin is really irritated then a vet visit may be the only thing to help right now,to get his skin under control. They can also develop yeast infections on their skin from all the biting and chewing.

Not your question? Ask your question View similar questions

Question Tools Search this Question
Search this Question:

Advanced Search

Check out some similar questions!

Puppy trying to go back home? Puppy Attatchment? [ 8 Answers ]

http://bp2.blogger.com/_FAAhWpUtQZk/RuRyYXJT6-I/AAAAAAAAABE/oFHBuJrtsyU/s1600-h/buddahs.jpg Photo can also be seen at buddahs.jpg (image) Above a photo of Johnny Cash (jack russell mix). Someone gave me this dog mid August when she was 2 months old. I had her from mid August till the end of...

Puppy pining after death of puppy sister [ 1 Answers ]

In November I adopted two no determined breed puppies who were about 9 weeks old. Although they did not look alike, my feeling was they were siblings. WE have had several power outages in our area and despite having two gates barring my property the puppies were able to get out and sadly the...

Five year old hitting, bitting & kicking [ 3 Answers ]

I am a single parent of a 5 year old. He has been hitting , bitting, kicking other childern at his school He kicked his teacher. Don't know what to do. When ask why he does this ,his answer is because I wanted to.

Puppy alone in crate or left with another puppy? [ 1 Answers ]

I just got a puppy from a neighbor who moved. He is a 2mth Caring Terrier/Chichuaua mix. My other neighbor took his brother. My neighbor doesn't want her puppy to be alone during the day and wants him to stay in the crate with mine while we are at work. I don't think this is a good idea because he...

Bitting off hair [ 6 Answers ]

My 6 year old cat expo is bitting off the hair his back and now it is scabed and I can not get him to stop he does not have fleas so we can not figure out what could be making him do this or how we could help him stop:confused: :confused:

View more questions Search