Ask Experts Questions for FREE Help !
Ask
    taytaytay Posts: 2, Reputation: 1

Feb 28, 2006, 08:35 PM
    I need help..
    Okay here's my problem and hopfully someone has some idea as to what this is.
    I started noticing this in the winter so maybe it's just dry skin that I cannot get rid of or that is irritated but right underneath my hip bones where my legs bend my skin has become darker like a brownish color almost as if I were tan and the texture has changed, I wouldn't say it feels dry because I've had dry flaky skin unless it is just dry and not the flaky kind of dry? Anyway it feels rough and I hate it. I do wear low rise pants that hug my hips and I thought maybe it was from my pants being tight and rubbing up against where my legs bend under my hips. That or maybe the combination of my pants rubbing AND dry skin... I have no idea? Can anyone let me know what's causing this and how to help. I've tried to use Olay extra dry skin moistuerizer but it just dosen't seem to help! :(
    unis Posts: 89, Reputation: 2

Mar 2, 2006, 10:13 PM
    The possibility of this is that it is having friction from your pants or there is always constant pressure in the area when yous it for long time most specially when its cold and skin tends to dry...

Try apply moisturinzing cream it would be better to apply one with whitening properties so that to whiten the area that has become dark due to this...

Then try to put pillow to your seat whenever you going to need to seat, also try avoiding thight clothes... this is very commoin to asians too and those skin which has huigh melanin. And those who is over weight due to friction.
    taytaytay Posts: 2, Reputation: 1

Mar 3, 2006, 09:00 PM
    Thanks, that's what I figured. I don't think I have any asain in me? And I'm definitely not overweight but I figured it was just from my pants and my skin being dry. Ive been using Olay moistuerizing lotion in the shower and it seems to be helping a bit so we'll see what happens.

Quote Originally Posted by unis
    the possibility of this is that it is having friction from your pants or there is always constant pressure in the area when yous it for long time most specially when its cold and skin tends to dry...

try apply moisturinzing cream it would be better to apply one with whitening properties so that to whiten the area that has become dark due to this...

then try to put pillow to your seat whenever you gonna need to seat, also try avoiding thight clothes... this is very commoin to asians too and those skin which has huigh melanin. and those who is over weight due to friction.

Not your question? Ask your question View similar questions

Question Tools Search this Question
Search this Question:

Advanced Search

Add your answer here.

View more questions Search