Ask Experts Questions for FREE Help !
Ask
    Desperate Boy Posts: 8, Reputation: 1

May 24, 2008, 10:07 PM
    I need more stamina
    In gym class, I have noticed that my classmates have improved a lot in running 2 miles while I'm improving little by little. Since the beginning of the year, I have improved 2 minutes. I want to catch up to my friends, but every time I run my heart hurt and I breathe really hard.
    Why am I breathing hard and why does my heart hurt? And how I can improve it?
    jojoorellana Posts: 6, Reputation: 1

May 24, 2008, 10:38 PM
    I can only offer the following suggestions before you should seek medical advice... if eating greasy foods, cut back. Snack 30 min before work out, runs etc. drink more water, but not too much, if your running 2 miles a day try about 10-12 big cups a day. And last but certainly not least, control your breathing, in your nose, out your mouth. You should probably run more outside of time with your mates and probably hit some weight machines up, start with a fair amount of weight and go for 3 sets 8 reps a day. Good luck! And if no improvement over 6 weeks, go to the Dr.

May 24, 2008, 10:41 PM
    Quote Originally Posted by jojoorellana
    I can only offer the following suggestions before you should seek medical advice... if eating greasy foods, cut back. snack 30 min b4 work out, runs etc. drink more water, but not to much, if your running 2 miles a day try about 10-12 big cups a day. and last but certainly not least, control your breathing, in your nose, out your mouth. you should probably run more outside of time with your mates and probably hit some weight machines up, start with a fair amount of weight and go for 3 sets 8 reps a day. good luck! and if no improvement over 6 wks, goto the Dr.
    How will weight machines help? And 10 - 12 big cups, how much bottles of water is that? (500ML) and does bottle and filtered water matter?

May 24, 2008, 10:50 PM
    machines designed to improve your lower body, upper doesn't hurt either. But work your quadriceps hamstrings calves shin glutes... you get stronger=you move faster for longer. 10-12 water bottles is fine, and water is water. As long as its clear

May 24, 2008, 10:52 PM
    machines designed to improve your lower body, upper doesnt hurt either. but work your quadriceps hamstrings calves shin glutes... you get stronger=you move faster for longer. 10-12 water bottles is fine, and water is water. as long as its clear
    Does the biking machine work?

May 24, 2008, 10:56 PM
    Yes but go for the leg extensions and leg curl machines, calfraises on a box. Squats. Reverse squats, for stamina just go for fair wieght hi amounts of reps and a medium amount of sets

May 24, 2008, 11:14 PM
    yes but go for the leg extensions and leg curl machines, calfraises on a box. squats. reverse squats, for stamina just go for fair wieght hi amounts of reps and a medium amount of sets
    Is breathing hard OK? Like.. when I run I breathe really loud and fast. My friends told me that breathing hard makes your heart hurts.
    lovelesspa Posts: 1,019, Reputation: 127
    Ultra Member

Jun 3, 2008, 05:20 AM
    You may be breathing wrong, I know this sounds funny but you have to learn how to breathe correctly when you run. Try this, inhale while stepping with left foot, right foot then exhale, while stepping left foot, right foot.
    Inhale and exhale slowly. If you hear yourself breathe, your running too fast, slow down and get into a comfortable pace. Take deep breaths by pushing your stomach out so your lungs can expand with more air. Don't worry so much about your friends advances, practice breathing correctly while running and in time you will catch up and you body won't feel so stressed.

Not your question? Ask your question View similar questions

Question Tools Search this Question
Search this Question:

Advanced Search

Add your answer here.

Check out some similar questions!

I found stamina-rx in the trash [ 4 Answers ]

I'm 55, and my husband is 54, I found a bottle of Stamina-Rx in the trash, Now I'm VERY sexuality active, But I'm wondering about him, Why would he be taking stamina? Is it cause I don't turn him on any more?

Sexual Stamina Confusion [ 1 Answers ]

I was wondering why whenever I masturbate my stamina is low yet whenever with a woman I last longer and the climax is much better. I do not masturbate often only when necessary but I always thought self enjoyment helps sexual stamina and helps pre-ejaculation.

View more questions Search