Ask Experts Questions for FREE Help !
Ask
    littlegirlfrida Posts: 1, Reputation: 1

May 24, 2008, 05:54 PM
    How can I disguise my IP for getting US services from within Australia?
    I am an American living temporarily in Australia and my IP is being recognized by several US websites and locking me out from the services. For instance, I cannot purchase things online, like trying to buy a present for my mom for mother's day... it will not process my order because I'm ordering from Australia, even though I am using a US credit card and getting it posted to the States. I cannot watch CBS.com or Amazon free TV shows because it is recognizing my IP and blocking me out as a non-American. This is frustrating. Anyone know how I can fix this?
    Thanks
    Fr_Chuck Posts: 81,301, Reputation: 7692
    Expert

May 24, 2008, 06:07 PM
    You will want to talk to your service provider, the ID comes through them for the service you are using.
    WallyHelps Posts: 1,018, Reputation: 136
    Ultra Member

May 24, 2008, 06:12 PM
    What you want is called a "proxy server". If you Google that phrase, you should be able to find one. (Look for one in the US)

Now, the bad news. When you go through a proxy:
    1. It will be a lot slower than directly connecting
    2. The proxy can see all your traffic, so this could be a privacy/security issue
      (If you have a secure connection [https://blah], you are probably okay)
    3. Because of the slowness, watching streaming video will be choppy and disappointing.

Good Luck,
    WallyH
    rawsushi Posts: 30, Reputation: 2

May 24, 2008, 08:50 PM
    Try YouHide.com - Anonymous Proxy Server - seems relatively fast.

Also you can find some services which you can pay - Google anonymous proxy server - and those are faster, and when I've lived abroad, the best way to have a reliable way to fool US based sites.

Not your question? Ask your question View similar questions

Question Tools Search this Question
Search this Question:

Advanced Search

Add your answer here.

Check out some similar questions!

How can a person disguise himself as a woman? What kind of makeup should be used? [ 5 Answers ]

How can a person disguise himself as a woman? What kind of makeup should be used?

How to disguise my IP address [ 2 Answers ]

I am a member of an adult website. I made this membership still in my native country but I moved to a another country where this website is blocked. Since I have mobile internet, sometimes I can get through and access the website but very often the access is denied or links to a different website,...

Disguise my ip address [ 11 Answers ]

I live in France, (I am a british national) and want to access UK TV programs online. However, they detect my location, and block me. Is there a way that I can disguise my location, so I can access these progs? Richard

How Do I Effectively disguise my IP Address? [ 11 Answers ]

Like many of you, I am fed up with unsolicited spam being dumped in my mailbox. These days, all you have to do is make some innocuous comment in a discussion forum and you get bombarded with variegated crap. I have tried to trace the source of the spam from headers and invariably the cowards...

View more questions Search