Ask Experts Questions for FREE Help !
Ask
    Liscette Posts: 1, Reputation: 1

May 24, 2008, 05:49 PM
    Adding a boyfriend to a house deed
    My boyfriend and I have been together for 10 years. We do not plan on getting married. We have both been there done that. I want to add his name to my house deed. I own the house outright. There is no mortgage. The problem is he is still legally married. He stays married for insurance purposes. What are the ramifications of this?
    ScottGem Posts: 64,966, Reputation: 6056
    Computer Expert and Renaissance Man

May 24, 2008, 05:53 PM
    I would recommend you not do this. If something should happen to him, his wife or family could wind up owning half your house.
    flossie Posts: 1,903, Reputation: 181
    Ultra Member

May 24, 2008, 05:53 PM
    I wouldn't be adding his name to anything until he's divorced.

Not your question? Ask your question View similar questions

Question Tools Search this Question
Search this Question:

Advanced Search

Add your answer here.

Check out some similar questions!

Adding someone to the deed of your house [ 3 Answers ]

How would my husband add me to the deed of his house? Is there an approval or denial process based on my credit standing? What steps should he take to add me to the deed? I

Adding wife's name of 35 yrs to our house deed? [ 2 Answers ]

Adding wife's name of 35 yrs to our house deed, Thank you, Richard

Adding someone to a house deed [ 2 Answers ]

I purchased a house and paid cash. The deed is in my name only right now. My fiancé wants me to add him to the deed because he says it will help both our credits (they arnt the greatest right now)as far as getting a home inprovement loan. Banks have told us it will help us also. I love him dearly...

Adding my name to the house deed [ 1 Answers ]

I've been married and living in our home for 7 years, yet my name is still not our house deed. Whenever I question my husband about it, he states adding my name to the deed alone will weaken his credit rating (I do not have a lot of established credit), and he has no intentions of adding my name...

Adding a name to a house deed [ 1 Answers ]

My husband and I just recently got married. He purchased our home is his name before we got married. Now that we are married we want to add my name as well. What do we need to do this and where do we go to do it?

View more questions Search