Ask Experts Questions for FREE Help !
Ask
    wildandblue Posts: 663, Reputation: 57

May 24, 2008, 01:39 PM
    What fishing gear do you bring in a tackle box
    What do you usually carry in a tackle box? Bobbers and hooks but what else? There are about 6 of us going we don't have a boat will be hiking and casting from the banks.
    bushg Posts: 3,433, Reputation: 596
    Ultra Member

May 24, 2008, 01:52 PM
    Extra line. I would have at least 2 different test. One rated for small fish and 1 for larger fish... you never know what you will run into. A stringer, sinkers, bait, pliers, extra hooks get a box that has different sizes in them.
    firmbeliever Posts: 2,919, Reputation: 463
    Ultra Member

May 24, 2008, 02:12 PM
    Not sure if you are using bait?live bait?

Bushg is right,you will need a set of different lines and hooks for differnet sizes of fish.

Don't forget the bandaids and a knife.

EDIT::I was just thinking.. are bobbers and lures the same thing?
    And be sure to take some extra spools for your extra lines.
    Ultra Member

Jun 1, 2008, 11:19 AM
    Wow good for you! Did you eat them, release them back or were they wall mounters?

Jun 1, 2008, 11:23 AM
    I had the best time. I caught 2 really tiny fish I'm told are pumpkinseed sunfish but they fought like tigers! Which is good cause we had a bet on, who ever didn't get any had to clean and cook the fish. We didn't keep mine. I would add, waterproof matches to a list, in case you fall in and need to dry your shoes out.
    Ultra Member

Jun 1, 2008, 11:30 AM
    Firm: Bobbers are attached above the lures or live bait that way when a fish takes a bite and you don't have the pole in your hand you can tell they are on... the bobber will go under the water and come back up. If your are fising and having the pole in your hand you can still use one... but we always relied on being able to tell from the feel of the rod if we were getting a bite.
    A piece of styrofoam will serve the same purpose if you don't have bobbers... just watch for the foam to take off and you will know you have a fish on.
    firmbeliever Posts: 2,919, Reputation: 463
    Ultra Member

Jun 1, 2008, 01:01 PM
    Quote Originally Posted by bushg
    Firm: Bobbers are attached above the lures or live bait that way when a fish takes a bite and you don't have the pole in your hand you can tell they are on...the bobber will go under the water and come back up. If your are fising and having the pole in your hand you can still use one...but we always relied on being able to tell from the feel of the rod if we were getting a bite.
    A peice of styrofoam will serve the same purpose if you don't have bobbers...just watch for the foam to take off and you will know you have a fish on.
    Oh right! Thanks bG.
    I have never used a bobber before.
    Has been a while since I went fishing, I miss it.

Wow wildandblue! Congratulations!
    Having to clean and cook fish is not such a bad thing especially after a good day of fishing it completes the fun.
    WVHiflyer Posts: 384, Reputation: 34

Jun 25, 2008, 06:12 PM
    I realize I'm coming to the question a bit late, but in a rookie's tackle box I'd add snap swivels and leaders.

And a stick can sub for a bobber in a pinch...

Oct 20, 2008, 09:44 AM

We are having a rematch fishing trip in a few weeks. From the first trip, I caught 2 fish, another guy caught one. He claims we are tied because I actually caught the same fish twice. Can that be true? They all look the same to me. Or did I fall for his fish story?

Not your question? Ask your question View similar questions

Question Tools Search this Question
Search this Question:

Advanced Search

Add your answer here.

Check out some similar questions!

C programing tackle [ 3 Answers ]

hello all I was thinking of a program that converts the integer you entered into english alphabet for example if a user types 1234 then the out put should be one two three four; but the number of digits to be entered should not be fixed any digit integer if you solve...

Gone fishing [ 1 Answers ]

Four married guys go fishing. After an hour, the following Conversation took place: First guy : "You have no idea what I had to do to be able to come out fishing this weekend. I had to promise my wife that I will paint every room in the house next weekend." Second guy: "That's nothing;...

Fishing charters [ 1 Answers ]

I want to start my own fishing charter. I need to know where to go to register a company name, and a GST number? And anything and everything there is to know like what I need to have and what is the best secure way to go about starting a business.

Fly Fishing For Trout [ 4 Answers ]

Just wondering if anyone can tell me a good fly to use for catching rainbow trout. I would also be interested in hearing any tips you might have. Cheers

View more questions Search