Ask Experts Questions for FREE Help !
Ask
    floridacrazy Posts: 1, Reputation: 1

May 24, 2008, 12:17 PM
    Carrier A/C Blower will not come on in A/C mode but works when in heat mode
    I need some guidance. I have a Carrier A/C unit that has been working fine. Last night the fan stopped working for some reason in the A/C mode. But when I put the heat on, it works fine. The compressor and condenser work fine but the A/C fan just will not kick on. I thought it might be the capacitor but I don't think that is the case. It doesn't matter if the setting is on auto or the fan on position, it will still only work in heat mode. Any help would be much appreciated. Thanks, Chris
    twinkiedooter Posts: 12,172, Reputation: 1054
    Uber Member

May 24, 2008, 12:27 PM
    Something definitely burned out. I would think the relay switch is the culprit. Can't tell unless the switch is properly tested with a multimeter.
    twinkiedooter Posts: 12,172, Reputation: 1054
    Uber Member

May 24, 2008, 12:27 PM
    Something definitely burned out. I would think the relay switch is the culprit. Can't tell unless the switch is properly tested with a multimeter.
    T-Top Posts: 1,871, Reputation: 100
    Ultra Member

May 24, 2008, 06:25 PM
    If your unit is less than 15 years old, I would say you lost the cooling relay on the circuit board. The only thing you can do if this is the problem is replace the control board. The relays can not be replaced. One true check is you can jumper R to G at the thermostat if the blower runs it's a bad thermostat if not jumper R to G at the furnace with the door switch closed if the blower runs its not the blower,thermostat or board it's a bad thermostat wire.

Not your question? Ask your question View similar questions

Question Tools Search this Question
Search this Question:

Advanced Search

Add your answer here.

Check out some similar questions!

Blower won't come on in auto mode. Heat only [ 2 Answers ]

Carrier 48SB-030080301 1990 model nat gas. On a/c mode works fine. Heat- burner lites but blower will not come on at all unless on manual. I changed the J2 jumper on thermostat from hg to he to see if I could get by for a while and its been working for about a month now. Other than blast of cool...

Carrier heat pump works fine so far, won't go into defrost mode [ 1 Answers ]

I have a carrie heat pump that is working fine so far. It still provide heat for my home. It just dose not go in to defrost mode to defrost the out side unit. I have read to put the unit in auxialry mode to get a few extra defrost cycles in, but when I read the flash codes it never say anything...

Fan runs forever when in heat mode but not in ac mode [ 2 Answers ]

Great web site and concept!! I have a York forced air gas furnace that has a Honeywell Fan Limit switch. The unit works great in the summer. The ac and the fan shut off correctly. However, in the winter the heat will reach its temp setting and turn off but the blower continues forever. I have...

Furnace turns off at 'ON' mode and will not operate at 'AUTO' mode [ 6 Answers ]

The furnace will not turns on at "ON' mode. After some reading, I thought it would be the pilot light that has gone out. I re-lighted the pilot light to see blue-red flame, but the furnace will turn off AGAIN after 3-4 hrs. Replaced a new Honeywell non-programmable thermostat today with the...

Furnace turns off at 'ON' mode and will not operate at 'AUTO' mode [ 2 Answers ]

The furnace will not turns on at "ON' mode. After some reading, I thought it would be the pilot light that has gone out. I re-lighted the pilot light to see blue-red flame, but the furnace will turn off AGAIN after 3-4 hrs. Replaced a new Honeywell non-programmable thermostat today with the...

View more questions Search