Ask Experts Questions for FREE Help !
Ask
    bushg Posts: 3,433, Reputation: 596
    Ultra Member

May 24, 2008, 10:50 AM
    Cocoa cake
    I wonder if I can substitute 1 cup of sourcream for 1 cup of milk. Hubby is at work... son took my car and I am out of milk and am in the mood to cook/bake. Does anyone know?
    Fr_Chuck Posts: 81,301, Reputation: 7692
    Expert

May 24, 2008, 10:57 AM
    I would go for it, changes it some, but then cake is cake

Future note, keep either some of those non Frig required cartons of milk, and/or powdered milk
    Ultra Member

May 24, 2008, 10:59 AM
    I have powdered coffee creamer... hmm
    Expert

May 24, 2008, 11:10 AM
    Make me want some, got mine in the oven baking now

** I have did the coffee creamer before, heck I have used coffee before, they do call it coffee cake
    Ultra Member

May 24, 2008, 11:12 AM
    Lol... well I am going to bake mine now. I will let you know how it turns out. Btw this is from the hershey box... my aunt made one years ago , it was so good. I am going to give it a try.
    wildandblue Posts: 663, Reputation: 57

May 24, 2008, 12:24 PM
    You can just use water No one will tell the difference.
    Ultra Member

May 24, 2008, 12:28 PM
    It calls for 1 cup of boliling water as well. I used the sour cream but only 3/4 cup... it's in the oven... time will tell. The batter was yummy if that gives any indication of how it will turn out.
    Expert

May 24, 2008, 12:33 PM
    Just went out for the ice cream to go with mine with some mint coffee to complete.
    Ultra Member

May 24, 2008, 12:36 PM
    Well... mine seems to be a bit heavy... I am baking it a little longer... but things are not looking good. Maybe I should stick with the boxed kind. Enjoy yours:)
    Ultra Member

May 24, 2008, 12:50 PM
    Well I guess it is as done as it is going to be, gooey is the term I will use and not much cocoa taste.:( The bottom is nice and crunchy...

Not your question? Ask your question View similar questions

Question Tools Search this Question
Search this Question:

Advanced Search

Add your answer here.

Check out some similar questions!

Got cake? [ 5 Answers ]

These kinds of pictures will always crack me up! 6248 Happy cake day!! Hehehe

Hot cocoa? [ 1 Answers ]

I was wondering if anyone knew of a hot cocoa mix that would yield a lot of servings

The top of the cake [ 4 Answers ]

Im learning how to cook cakes and so far they come out really good. I think it is time for me to go to the next level. I can't do that unless I first learn how to make the top of the cake flat. It seems like I am flatting it and flatting it but once it come out from the oven its no longer flat....

Cocoa Butter [ 2 Answers ]

I think I read on a page that if you use cocoa butter for at least 6 weeks daily that it will lower your melanin count and act as not only a sunblocker but also even and lighten your skin tone.. Im half puerto rican half black and I'm medium brown skin and I just want to get to at least Ludacris'...

French Style Hot Cocoa... oh so yummy! [ 3 Answers ]

I found this EXCELLENT hot cocoa recipe and just had to share it with you all. Hope you enjoy it as much as I do! :) 1-4oz bar of Ghirardelli bittersweet baking chocolate 4 cups of whole milk 3/4 to 1 cup of either half & half or whipping cream 1/2 tsp ground nutmeg 1/2 tsp ground cinnamon...

View more questions Search