Ask Experts Questions for FREE Help !
Ask
    simonek Posts: 45, Reputation: 2

May 24, 2008, 09:48 AM
    English prof jerked me
    Hi guys I took english 201 during the spring semester and half way through the spring semester I spoke to my professor about where I was academically in the class because I was thinking about dropping the class and she (the professor) told me that I was doing good and that I shouldn't drop the class so I asked her professor I need to know specificly where I am grade wise in this class am I an A,B or C student she said you're a B student and when you take the midterm and final that will bump up your grade so I took the mid term got a B on it and my final was a 5 page research project so I changed my topic a few times and got a little anxiety attack and didn't show up for my final so today I receive an email of my final grades for the classes I took this spring semester and HER FINAL GRADE FOR ME WAS A BIG FAT C if I was a b student through out the whole semester why the hell would she give me a C by school policy she is supposed to give me and incomplete or an F why would she give me a C I feel like she didn't give me an F or an incomplete or absent for final on purpose so that I couldn't take the class over next semester just be stuck with a losey C what do you guys think
    incognito Posts: 92, Reputation: 24

May 24, 2008, 09:58 AM
    Why wouldn't your school allow you to retake the class no matter what grade you may have gotten?
    Double check your school's policy on retaking classes.

May 24, 2008, 10:06 AM
    They say If you get a c you can't take the class over
    Fr_Chuck Posts: 81,301, Reputation: 7692
    Expert

May 24, 2008, 10:47 AM
    Let me see you did not show up for the final? So that means on the final you would get what grade ? A zero perhaps. So what percent for the total grade is the final worth, 1/4 1/10 it is always some percent of the total

Please if you don't show up and don't do your required work, everyone wants to blame someone, you did not do what was expected and to be honest I feel you were lucky to get the C. And you have a C, so live with it, you passed, end of the world, no, so it is a lesson learned that you have to complete and show up for all of your tests and course work.

May 24, 2008, 11:58 AM
    The final is worth 25% of your grade but if you don't take a final school policy is to get an inc or abs not an actual letter grade I would have preferred if she would have failed me with a D but a c is barely passing with that grade she's not helping be she's hurting me because if you get a d you can take the class over with any professor and get a better grade and like I said I told her if I'm a c student then I will drop now and not waste my time but in the end she gave me what I was trying to avoid getting
    danielnoahsmommy Posts: 2,506, Reputation: 297
    Ultra Member

May 24, 2008, 12:00 PM
    The professor did not do anything wrong it was your ultimate decision to stay or go. You got a c because perhaps that is what you earned.
    J_9 Posts: 40,298, Reputation: 5646
    Expert

May 24, 2008, 12:04 PM
    Am I reading this right? You are complaining that you got a C instead of the F you deserved? Apparently you were such a good student you didn't even have to take that and still you were able to pass.

Consider yourself lucky to get that C. Deal with the consequences to your actions.
    bushg Posts: 3,433, Reputation: 596
    Ultra Member

May 24, 2008, 12:04 PM
    Speak to her and see if she can change it, if she can't or won't then go speak to her superior.
    Expert

May 24, 2008, 12:08 PM
    Quote Originally Posted by bushg
    Speak to her and see if she can change it, if she can't or won't then go speak to her superior.
    Why should the teacher change it? He/she did not show up to present his/her paper. Sorry, but you got what you deserved by not showing up.
    bushg Posts: 3,433, Reputation: 596
    Ultra Member

May 24, 2008, 12:12 PM
    I did not say they should I was only answering as to how the op could possibly go about getting the bad grade she wants and deserves.
    My opinion is that she should be grateful for the c, but I'm not the op.
    Fr_Chuck Posts: 81,301, Reputation: 7692
    Expert

May 24, 2008, 12:14 PM
    This is a prime example of young people in college not wanting to take responsibility for their actions. Most likely if you had just showed up, did a lousy job on the final paper you would have even gotten a B. But maybe not, with it worth 1/4 of the total grade, even with a going in, you would have had to do a D to keep a B ( I think I got that right)
    Expert

May 24, 2008, 12:14 PM
    I see your point, but if you don't show up for the required final, you deserve any grade you get. She/he should be thankful for the grade given.

May 24, 2008, 04:38 PM
    If you don't show up your supposed to get an Incomplete period
    Expert

May 24, 2008, 04:39 PM
    Then consider yourself lucky. Apparently your grades were high enough that missing your final did not fail you.

The instructor must have thought you deserved the C rather than the incomplete.

May 30, 2008, 11:08 AM
    I spoke with the professor and she said she's willing to change my grade, as long as I submit the research paper.

Not your question? Ask your question View similar questions

Question Tools Search this Question
Search this Question:

Advanced Search

Add your answer here.

Check out some similar questions!

What does that mean in english? [ 1 Answers ]

:confused: Segue no anexo os arquivos de embalagem e pilhas do carregador PC-36. What does that mean in english?please help!I need it urgent!thank you!

Student cheated by prof [ 7 Answers ]

This is my status: I am an indian and on F1. I was working 20 hrs for a univ library and then was offered a research position with a prof in the univ. NOw the prof knew I was working for 20 hrs in the library and also doing research for him . He paid me $450 for that by check. I did this for...

Getting jerked around by the locals [ 1 Answers ]

I've been trying to buy a house for the past 4 months or so. Make a long story short on that, it ended up back on the market once the repo was completed and I'm trying to get it for cheap. The only thing that is holding me back is a problem with the well pump and/or pressure tank. Here is what the...

English Help [ 6 Answers ]

No problem can be solved by the same conscious that's created it. I'm kind of confused by the sentence above. Please help me with your knowledge. Q1. Does this sentence make sense? Q2. Is "conscious" usually used as a noun? Q3. Do we need to put "by" before "it" to make it sense. Q4. ...

View more questions Search